Viggen tutorial QFE bug

F35 Enjoyer

I just recently bought the Viggen and was going through the startup tutorial until I got the the qfe part. The tutorial asked to set the qfe to 1031 and press the space bar when I had done that. I did what the tutorial asked but when I pressed the space bar it wouldn't go to the next part. Is this a known bug or did I just do something wrong?

1 hour ago, F35 Enjoyer said:

Is this a known bug or did I just do something wrong?

Most likely its a bug, the Vigen has been updated several times over the years, but its training missions remain basically the same as the original release.

Currently I'm editing a Cold Start Training Mission for the Viggen, but it is still at least a week from being finished .. it uses the Nevada map, so make sure to purchase it while it is still on sale: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/terrains/nttr_terrain/  ... this also would allow you to fly the Viggen's Red Flag campaign 👍

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

23 hours ago, F35 Enjoyer said:

I just recently bought the Viggen and was going through the startup tutorial until I got the the qfe part. The tutorial asked to set the qfe to 1031 and press the space bar when I had done that. I did what the tutorial asked but when I pressed the space bar it wouldn't go to the next part. Is this a known bug or did I just do something wrong?

Hey F35 Enjoyer!

Recently I read somewhere that you have to "hit" this value very exactly in order to make the mission continue.

If you are 100% not able to make it through, you may may register at www.viggen.training and download this mission from the Flight line > Quick missions > 0 Basic Aircraft Handling > BASIC M01 Cold Start (BASIC_M01__Cold_Start.miz). This one should work fine.
I cannot upload it here, since it has 20 MB, too big ...

Kind regards,
TOViper

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2023 at 11:25 PM, F35 Enjoyer said:

Same here, I got stuck in exactly the same place 

Motherboard: MSI MPG X570S EDGE MAX | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x OClocked| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 3080 Ti | RAM: 64 GB DDR4 @ 3600 MHz | OS: Win 11 64 bit | M.2 SSD 1TB Samsung 970 EVO +

On 10/29/2023 at 9:56 PM, TOViper said:

Hey F35 Enjoyer!

Recently I read somewhere that you have to "hit" this value very exactly in order to make the mission continue.

If you are 100% not able to make it through, you may may register at www.viggen.training and download this mission from the Flight line > Quick missions > 0 Basic Aircraft Handling > BASIC M01 Cold Start (BASIC_M01__Cold_Start.miz). This one should work fine.
I cannot upload it here, since it has 20 MB, too big ...

Kind regards,
TOViper

Just visited the Viggen training website, wow what a wealth of information, fantastic!

• Like 2

Motherboard: MSI MPG X570S EDGE MAX | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x OClocked| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 3080 Ti | RAM: 64 GB DDR4 @ 3600 MHz | OS: Win 11 64 bit | M.2 SSD 1TB Samsung 970 EVO +