F-16C TGP too Dim?

PlaceboC6

maverick.jpgI know a number of us having been having problems with graphical issues since 2.9.   Especially with the TGP enabled.

I took a screen shot of me flying as you can see just over a mile away nearly on top of a group of T-72 tanks which I was only able to spot with my White Hot settings in active pause because they are so dim.   Thoughts?

I do realize the engine compartment is going to be the warmest spot, but the soldiers uniforms are picking up brighter than most of the tank.   Is this normal?

Edited by PlaceboC6
Fixed one issue

• PlaceboC6 changed the title to F-16C TGP too Dim?
On 11/6/2023 at 9:03 PM, PlaceboC6 said:

Anyone else having this issue post 2.9?

FLIR or TGP set to white hot and vehicles being very difficult to locate without putting the game into active pause.

unfortunately i believe this is still an ongoing issue. my understanding is the IR signature textures of vehicles have to be created for each vehicle. i could be wrong. and there are so many vehicles, it is taking time. there are also some things one can set in mission editor to make vehicles hot / cold. i have never gotten it to work.

this has been a long nagging issue. in daylight, use TV as it is much easier to spot. there also is an entire thread to FLIR in general.

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/1030-improved-flir-system/

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• 3 weeks later...

Yep as Silverdevil said, its an ongoing issue since DCS changed the IR texture system.

F16C is (my opinion) the hardest hit as even with the TV it is still very difficult to pick out targets at a suitable distance for an attack run with the cockpit displays. I have had to turn on full labels at a stupid distance just so I can go "Eh?, the vehicles are there?, in that open field that I spent 10 minutes scanning with the TGP?" by then, shot down by a manpad because I was too busy fixated on my little screen looking for them.

I won't even start with the mavericks IR. That's covered in another bunch of threads, though linked to the same issues.

Edited by Mearcat
  • Like 1