FPS drops from export scripts

ianick
Go to solution Solved by ianick,

Hi

Title says it all and in the link for video attached you will see on the upper right that GPU activity is just linked to APU start

It is nice that the GPU is triggered by the APU switch of the AH64 however not the main purpose of it, i suppose

No issue here on my end (tested on OpenBeta 2.9.0.47168 with MT in non-VR).

The mission is quite heavy (43 GB RAM was used) and I had some major short dips (1-2 seconds drops) when some scripts were loaded within the mission the first minute - but nothing too serious.

Startup worked fine with the Apache here (tested blue coalition Adana).

If the Apache startup works fine for you in an empty mission, I suppose there is a coincidence with your heavy mission and your PC setup.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D // 64 GB RAM // RTX 4090 // Quest Pro // Quest 3

ok i ve done few tests, it s happening in SP as well :

• when the mission starts with warn engine it s bugged, and when i decrease the power throttle the GPU is back to work normally
  • so i stopped completly (GPU at 98-100%) and started the APU again, when the power of the APU rise enough to enlight the screen, the GPU activity fell to 60-50%

Edited by ianick

repair and mods removing done but no change

I ve also tested affinity core thing (good advices m8) , no success

but after a lot a tests it appeared it is the off/on RWR switch when it s starting and going from "bit/sys pass" to "active"

It s tricky because in the video above i thought in first intention it was when i switched the APU on, in fact it was when the RWR finished starting

it s mad thing:/

any idea, anyone?

Edited by ianick

-- load the DCS ExportScript for DAC and Ikarus
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])
-- load the DCS ExportScript for DAC and Ikarus
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil)

this export.lua file is causing the <profanity>

when i delete it everything back to normal but streamdeck & srs does not workin anymore

please advise

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2023 at 10:53 AM, ianick said:

Hi

Title says it all and in the link for video attached you will see on the upper right that GPU activity is just linked to APU start

It is nice that the GPU is triggered by the APU switch of the AH64 however not the main purpose of it, i suppose

Disable these lines from the apache lua file in the exportmodule folder.

The issue was resolved for me.

Just put -- infront of each line

if LoIsObjectExportAllowed() then -- returns true if world objects data is available
    if LoIsOwnshipExportAllowed() then -- returns true if ownship data is available
  ExportScript.LoAircraftInfo(mainPanelDevice) -- Provides a lot of aircraft properties
  ExportScript.AirportInfo(mainPanelDevice) -- Provides info on the two closest airports
  ExportScript.WindsAloft(mainPanelDevice) -- Gets winds at the aircraft
  ExportScript.GroundRadar(mainPanelDevice) -- Reports 2 closest friendlies and 2 enemies (Use in Single Player)
  ExportScript.AirRadar(mainPanelDevice) -- Reports 2 closest friendlies and 2 enemies (Use in Single Player)
  ExportScript.IglaHunter(mainPanelDevice) -- Locates closest Igla (Use in Single Player)

• Solution
On 12/4/2023 at 7:16 AM, Lekaa said:

Disable these lines from the apache lua file in the exportmodule folder.

The issue was resolved for me.

Just put -- infront of each line

if LoIsObjectExportAllowed() then -- returns true if world objects data is available
    if LoIsOwnshipExportAllowed() then -- returns true if ownship data is available
  ExportScript.LoAircraftInfo(mainPanelDevice) -- Provides a lot of aircraft properties
  ExportScript.AirportInfo(mainPanelDevice) -- Provides info on the two closest airports
  ExportScript.WindsAloft(mainPanelDevice) -- Gets winds at the aircraft
  ExportScript.GroundRadar(mainPanelDevice) -- Reports 2 closest friendlies and 2 enemies (Use in Single Player)
  ExportScript.AirRadar(mainPanelDevice) -- Reports 2 closest friendlies and 2 enemies (Use in Single Player)
  ExportScript.IglaHunter(mainPanelDevice) -- Locates closest Igla (Use in Single Player)

looks like it s working

ty m8

• 1 month later...

Thanks Ian.

I wonder why they exported all that data.

Removing it quite enhances the performance, specially giving a better overall stability.

You can get this, and a corrected F-15E (they changed the index of the UFC export) on my fork.

Edited by davidp57

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

found out today that the Apache on some servers (particularly I tried it in Contention and GF Syria) I have a stable 120 fps but when I turn on the CMWS a few seconds later my performance drops to the floor, with many stutters, lag spikes and drops in fps.

Video

i9-13900KF, MSI 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X, 64GB DDR5-6000 playing at 4k.

• Raptor9 changed the title to FPS drops from export scripts
On 1/23/2024 at 2:54 AM, QbanRambo said:

Stream Deck Export Scripts is causing this..

So You confirm my colleague observations who also was using the Steam Deck and had to stop it to be able to fly the Apache.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.