True heading charts/ F10 Map

borja.abadc

Hi guys.

I'm flying the M-2000c recently and I've noticed that the true heading and coordinates for the airbases don't match between the charts (Kneeboard) and the F10 map.

For the ILS in autopilot mode is should be important. I understand that the charts are out of date and only the F10 map should be taken into account for this purpose.

For Nevada maps is the same.

Should this be something to correct or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, borja.abadc said:

Should this be something to correct or am I doing something wrong?

Charts don't give you true headings: only magnetic that may become invalid over time.

Our Caucasus charts are valid for 2010 (give or take a year). And it's highly unlikely that ED will ever update them to anything closer to the present day.

If you don't want to calculate true headings using the magvar provided in the charts, or have the F10 map disabled in your mission, consider using these kneeboards that have the true headings for every aerodrome in DCS.

As for the coordinates, I checked a few from the included kneeboards, and they seem correct. Not that you need any coordinates (let alone precise) for an ILS approach, but make sure your F10 map shows them in the correct format.

Dima | My DCS uploads

hace 3 horas, Minsky dijo:

Charts don't give you true headings: only magnetic that may become invalid over time.

Our Caucasus charts are valid for 2010 (give or take a year). And it's highly unlikely that ED will ever update them to anything closer to the present day.

If you don't want to calculate true headings using the magvar provided in the charts, or have the F10 map disabled in your mission, consider using these kneeboards that have the true headings for every aerodrome in DCS.

As for the coordinates, I checked a few from the included kneeboards, and they seem correct. Not that you need any coordinates (let alone precise) for an ILS approach, but make sure your F10 map shows them in the correct format.

Thank you very much. Everything is quite clear to me. However, it makes no sense for me to work on the charts with magnetic headings if they will become invalid due to the magnetic variation in the future.

I understand therefore that when using magnetic headings I must set the magnetic variation of the Mirage to 0° in the selector (CAL) as magnetic course is already given in the charts.

Sure, for ILS it is not necessary to have the coordinates about the airport runway, but to see the synthetic runway in the Mirage's HUD I need them and should be as accurate as possible.

Thanks a lot for the kneeboard. Only a comment: They have the magnetic headings NOT the true headings.

M2000INS.thumb.jpg.77a6454e04e3d23d891a41ea38697510.jpg

Edited by borja.abadc

5 hours ago, borja.abadc said:

Sure, for ILS it is not necessary to have the coordinates about the airport runway, but to see the synthetic runway in the Mirage's HUD I need them and should be as accurate as possible.

I'm not very familiar with the Mirage, but here's the synthetic runway working in a mission that doesn't have any waypoints:

Screenshot - 231114 18_46_51.jpg

5 hours ago, borja.abadc said:

Thanks a lot for the kneeboard. Only a comment: They have the magnetic headings NOT the true headings.

Correct. The true headings are listed separately at the very end (pages 27-31).

Dima | My DCS uploads

hace 10 minutos, Minsky dijo:

I'm not very familiar with the Mirage, but here's the synthetic runway working in a mission that doesn't have any waypoints:

Screenshot - 231114 18_46_51.jpg

Correct. The true headings are listed separately at the very end (pages 27-31).

I thought WP's were necessary 😞. Very detailed information from your side. All are very clear now. Thanks again.