Some love to Phantom from Japan

pirilampomagico

13 hours ago, pirilampomagico said:

I found  this video and i think represents a lot of love for this airplane i just want share maybe you alredy saw it

I also happened to see this video yesterday and thought I would introduce it.
The Phantom is a popular aircraft among Japanese aviation fans, along with the Eagle.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Love how excited she is! Mind you, I think I would be just as excited if that were me! 

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

On 12/2/2023 at 2:57 PM, Evoman said:

Its kinda ironic how the F-4EJ variant name will be easy to remember for me since it reminds me of a different Japanese made product. The EJ series of Subaru engines found in the early WRX and STIs. lol

Phantom goes through fewer head gaskets though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Biggus said:

Subaru has much more environmentally friendly emissions though! :smoke::grin:

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

10 hours ago, Biggus said:

That is partially true. The head gasket problems were limited to the none turbo 2.5L EJ models because the gaskets used in those particular engines had a graphite coating that would break down over time causing the leaks. But the turbo models used a multi layer metal gaskets instead that did not have the same issues. If a turbo model does develop a head gasket leak it was because it was modified with out a proper tune or because of poor maintenance. Old coolant can became corrosive that will start to eat away at the metal head gaskets.

Below is a picture of a failed gasket where you can see that the graphite coating came off.

3283853690_f9f043cccc.jpg