Curious what's a good roll and pitch curve for carrier ops

I use deadzone 5

Roll and Pitch of 40

Thanks

Works for me

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

Soon (tm) we'll get the refactored flight model. That should change/fix a lot.

For now I don’t use curves, but for roll I use X-saturation of 80 to make it more responsive (so that’s the opposite of a curve pretty much). I hope that won’t be needed once we get the update.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Curves are a personal choice and likely dependent on your stick. So there’s no real answer for what’s ideal. Niether having or not having one is “realistic” although generally speaking a curve is needed to desensitize a tabletop spring centered PC stick as this certainly isn’t anything like a real control behaves. A good example for me is that if I loose the curve on the Spitfire it will instantly disintegrate in an air start mission. Its controls are so sensitive and a simple joystick over-controls the plane to an incredible degree without hardly touching it. I would only use a deadzone for a damaged axis, it makes fine inputs really difficult. 

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

@MAXsenna @SharpeXB

Most people need a very slight deadzone on the stick though, because otherwise the BALT/RALT won‘t engage or disengage quickly in the Hornet.

@ruddy122

For the most part you shouldn‘t even touch the pitch much in landing configuration. You trim the flight path marker into the E-bracket and then fly it just by modulating the throttle. 

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

2 hours ago, Phantom711 said:

Most people need a very slight deadzone on the stick though, because otherwise the BALT/RALT won‘t engage or disengage quickly in the Hornet.

Yes I do find the need to have a tiny dead zone like 1% for that. That’s a bug though particular to the Hornet otherwise I wouldn’t use dead zones. I only use those for spiky or defective controllers. They’re also useful to create certain custom effects. The 5% mentioned above seems like too much though and it would interfere with making fine control input like are needed for this and AAR etc

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5