Aircraft Training Syllabuses Campaigns

jmig

I am 76 year old former USAF F-4 jockey. When I went through RTU to learn to fly the F-4, we went though a 6-month program. We started with learning the systems in ground school, and then moved to the simulator, and finally the jet.

I currently own the F-15E, F-16C, F-18C and a host of other aircraft, including the P-47 and P-51. My problem is that I can no longer (talking mostly the modern fighters) keep the weapons systems straight. I mostly fly these multi-million dollar virtual aircraft around the pattern, practicing  touch and goes, because I can't learn the complex (to me) systems.

I don't know if this would be worth the time and effort to build, however, I would be willing to pay for training campaigns that take me through the systems in an orderly fashion. I know there are numerous YouTube videos' that demonstrate various aircraft weapons systems. However, they are piece meal and vary in quality. I believe a well done start to finish training module would be worthwhile. Hopefully, enough people would find it useful enough to purchase.

John

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, jmig said:

I would be willing to pay for training campaigns that take me through the systems in an orderly fashion

you owe it to yourself to fly the Iron Flag campaign, by @baltic_dragon … it makes learning the A-10C into a fun experience, here is a sample walkthrough of one if its missions:

Many of the items that you learn are applicable to the fast jets, take advantage of the current sale, as you will need not only the A-10C,but also the nevada map … totally worth it 🙂

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, jmig said:

I am 76 year old former USAF F-4 jockey. When I went through RTU to learn to fly the F-4, we went though a 6-month program. We started with learning the systems in ground school, and then moved to the simulator, and finally the jet.

I currently own the F-15E, F-16C, F-18C and a host of other aircraft, including the P-47 and P-51. My problem is that I can no longer (talking mostly the modern fighters) keep the weapons systems straight. I mostly fly these multi-million dollar virtual aircraft around the pattern, practicing  touch and goes, because I can't learn the complex (to me) systems.

I don't know if this would be worth the time and effort to build, however, I would be willing to pay for training campaigns that take me through the systems in an orderly fashion. I know there are numerous YouTube videos' that demonstrate various aircraft weapons systems. However, they are piece meal and vary in quality. I believe a well done start to finish training module would be worthwhile. Hopefully, enough people would find it useful enough to purchase.

John

Hi John,

Not sure if you have tried flying online, but if you have and you feel comfortable doing it, I would be honored to work with you, as long as I can listen to some interesting stories when you were in the F4.  Right now I am almost done teaching myself the Viper, I am proficient in the A10CII.  I own the F18C, which is my next project as soon as I can 100% shake out in the 16.  

I have over a couple thousand hours as PIC in regional Turbo Props and over 1000 hours in regional jets, no military time.

If it sounds interesting send me a message on the forums.

Cheers

Edited by Buzz313th
  • Rig Specs: Win11, 12900k@3.9-5.2, RTX4080, 64G DDR5@4800, Quest3@4800x2600 (Oculus Link Cable On Link, no VR tweaks)
  • DCS World: MT 2.9 with CPU Core #8 Disabled
  • Module Proficiency: F-15C, A-10CII, F-16C,
  • Modules Owned NOT Proficient: The rest of FC3, F-18C
  • Terrain Owned: NTTR, DCS World Included Maps

13 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

you owe it to yourself to fly the Iron Flag campaign, by @baltic_dragon … it makes learning the A-10C into a fun experience, here is a sample walkthrough of one if its missions:

Many of the items that you learn are applicable to the fast jets, take advantage of the current sale, as you will need not only the A-10C,but also the nevada map … totally worth it 🙂

I have the Nevada map. Is the A10C that came with something enough, or do I need to new A10C? I only have the "free" version.

2 hours ago, jmig said:

I have the Nevada map. Is the A10C that came with something enough, or do I need to new A10C? I only have the "free" version.

there is no free A-10 … you probably have the A-10A that cames in the Flaming Cliffs 3 pack. this campaign employs the full fidelity A-10C II. here is the opinion of someone that finished the campaign:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Rudel is on point.  The A10CII, the last one they made, is probably the most well done module in regards to systems polish.  It's also an easy sim to learn on since it's easier to stay ahead of the plane due to it's low speed.  

• Rig Specs: Win11, 12900k@3.9-5.2, RTX4080, 64G DDR5@4800, Quest3@4800x2600 (Oculus Link Cable On Link, no VR tweaks)
  • DCS World: MT 2.9 with CPU Core #8 Disabled
  • Module Proficiency: F-15C, A-10CII, F-16C,
  • Modules Owned NOT Proficient: The rest of FC3, F-18C
  • Terrain Owned: NTTR, DCS World Included Maps

I agree with Jmig. Because DCS is a study level sim, I've always thought that  step by step training campaigns  would be most helpful for all DCS aircraft. You tube videos are good, but I always feel like I'm jumping into the middle of a text book to learn one specific thing about   complicated planes  and their weapons systems.   A  structured training campaign , telling you in what order you need to learn an aircraft & its systems,  and taking you through them with lessons  would really be a huge help to newbies like me, or at least just me.

• Like 1