Button mapping tips

Bloyamind

Hiya,
got myself a VKB EVO NXT space combat edition stick to pair with my TCWS throttle. I went through the mapping suggestions on youtube by grim reapers but as usual he's a bit sparse and won't mention why certain stuff is important. In any case, I've got a basic layout, but have plenty of buttons left, especially with the modifier. Does anyone have any tips on stuff I should definitely have on the stick and/or throttle?
I've got the usual suspects for movement, trimming and shooting mapped, I've got ASP basics covered, mapped jettison belly, mapped countermeasures, target lock-on, Radar on/off - stby, select prev. and next weapons, pipper span +. pipper span - and emergency air restart. Any must-haves for start up? Any must haves for nav.? The reason i'm not sure on what is important or not is also that i'm coming from the warbirds. Different design mentality. Thanks a bunch! Also, if this topic is in the wrong place or a double, feel free to shut it down.

Thanks, forgot to mention the flaps, got those.. Do you recommend using the stepped flap button mapping option for in the case of dogfighting? Or is it just max flaps/no flaps all the way?

edit: have airbrakes mapped as well.

Edited by Bloyamind

SAU - Autopilot recovery and SAU - Cancel are two useful buttons to have on the joystick if you have the buttons. Also, emergency afterburner is useful to have mapped on a throttle button for dogfighting.

• Thanks 1

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2