How recenter/boresight Athos Sight-Periscope?

DST

I finally mangaged to fire HOT missiles with Gazelle L using the periscope, everything's fine so far, the only problem I have now: nearly every time I approach at target area and switch periscope down, the sight looks right behind or 90 degrees to left or right but almost never straight forward. It usually takes ages to turn it around, is there a way to quick boresight it like a tpod? Or can it be secured that it always looks forward until I need it moving? I know this can be done with vivianne camera, is something similar possible with the periscope sight? 

• Like 1

I7 8700K 3.7 GHz 32GB RAM NVIDIA RTX 3080 Rift S

• 2 months later...

From what I’m tracking there is no recenter for the Athos sight. The L is fun for rockets and the 20mm, but the M is a better version for using HOT3’s.

Edited by Spetz
  • Like 1

bloque-debloque-switch.jpg

From what an SME told me:

Talking about SFIM APX M397 sight which is used in the L models and M models before VIVIANE, IRL when you move the circled switch to the B position (Bloque) the sight moves to the boresight and it stays locked in that position. You can't move the sight while in B.

You have to move it to D position (Debloque) to move the sight.

In dcs it works as a stabilization on/off switch which is wrong. The sight should operate like the mi24 periscope. You can operate the sight while "observe" switch is on, the sight locks forward when "observe" is off. The only difference is, that you can still see through the sight in the gazelle, while in the mi24 the doors in front of the sight close.

(sidenote: gazelle sight should also be gyrostabilized like the mi24 instead of ground-stabilized)

I hope that PC will implement the correct function of the switch and the correct type of stabilization at some point.

Edited by trelos57
  • Like 2