MIP setup

MustangSally

One additional item, the kit comes with 2 USB connectors per MFD, one of which is a USB c. I have tried it with both connectors  and with the USB A connector alone. I get screens working with the USB A alone and nothing with the USB C alone and there is no change I can see with both USB types connected at the same time. The MFD's show proper indications in DCS but are not functional nor can I assign key commands in DCS options/control settings. Additionally the light on the back is purple not green. Don't know if that matters but thought I'd let you know. Thanks again.

Edited by Warlock99
additional information

The screens don't show in Simappro, only the mfd frames. The reason you can't see the frames is that you need to connect them via the usb c socket in the frame corner

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, 55" Samsung Odyssey Ark, Trackir

I have both the usb a and the usb c connected, is that what I need or only the usb c?

If I disconnect the usb a I loose all 3 MFD's. If I disconnect the usb c I see no changes. I have both connected.

In-game I can see all 3 MFD's with correct information (F-18), but I am unable to assign control options in the DCS as they do not show up there in the listed devices. In Simpro the frames do not show up under the devices tab.

When I start Simpro I get "Warning MFD" error, will try to catch a screen shot and provide it to you. It pops up 3 times, I assume once for each MFD.

Edited by Warlock99
addnl info

4 hours ago, Warlock99 said:

I have both the usb a and the usb c connected, is that what I need or only the usb c?

If I disconnect the usb a I loose all 3 MFD's. If I disconnect the usb c I see no changes. I have both connected.

In-game I can see all 3 MFD's with correct information (F-18), but I am unable to assign control options in the DCS as they do not show up there in the listed devices. In Simpro the frames do not show up under the devices tab.

When I start Simpro I get "Warning MFD" error, will try to catch a screen shot and provide it to you. It pops up 3 times, I assume once for each MFD.

You should have (for each MFD) 1 x USB A plugged into the back of the SCREEN (that's all even though there are other slots) and 1 x USB C plugged into the bottom right of the FRAME.  It sounds like you don't have the frame with the buttons plugged in (it should light up).

Beyond that, what are you plugging this all into?  If you don't have a powered USB hub you may be short on power

5 hours ago, Warlock99 said:

The USB A in the center is for the monitors, the USB c is for the frames.....with all the buttons. Go to the Winwing site and read the manual
https://au.winwingsim.com/view/regular.html

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, 55" Samsung Odyssey Ark, Trackir

OK, finally figured out what you were trying to get me to understand. Did not realize there were 2 USB C connections. So, what is the USB C on the back of the MFD used for? I see nothing with a USB C plugged in it.

Really appreciate your patience with me. I like play the sims but , I'm a little slow with computers. Thanks again!!!

2 hours ago, Warlock99 said:

OK, finally figured out what you were trying to get me to understand. Did not realize there were 2 USB C connections. So, what is the USB C on the back of the MFD used for? I see nothing with a USB C plugged in it.

In the WinWing context it's used for nothing.  I think I recall reading somewhere that it would be supplemental power or something, but not for WinWing setup.  But you can ignore USB C in the back of the screen.

16 hours ago, rob10 said:

In the WinWing context it's used for nothing.  I think I recall reading somewhere that it would be supplemental power or something, but not for WinWing setup.  But you can ignore USB C in the back of the screen.

Thanks, appreciate the reponse.

OK, finally got everything up and running. I have the MFD showing with the frame keys working in the Control/Options section of DCS. When I press a key on any of the frames I get a corresponding indication by MFD (Left/Right/Center) as shown in the Control/Options section. But when I go in-game all inputs affect only the Left MFD regardless of which MFD I press a key on. Simpro shows all 3 MFD's in the proper position and they are properly positioned with in-game MFD's.

When I press a button on the game screen it is reflected on the WW MFD correctly.

Edited by Warlock99
ADDNL INFO

Did you assign the bindings in each of the 3 different columns in the DCS binding screen?  There should be one column for each of the Left, Centre and Right DDI frames and you'll need to assign them under the appropriate column.  BUT there are also separate BINDINGS for each of the 3 MFD's: i.e "Left MDI PB 1", "AMPCD PB 1" (for centre MFD) and "Right MDI PB 1".   It sounds like you're assigning all 3 to the "Left MDI PB 1"

4 hours ago, Warlock99 said:

OK, finally got everything up and running. I have the MFD showing with the frame keys working in the Control/Options section of DCS. When I press a key on any of the frames I get a corresponding indication by MFD (Left/Right/Center) as shown in the Control/Options section. But when I go in-game all inputs affect only the Left MFD regardless of which MFD I press a key on. Simpro shows all 3 MFD's in the proper position and they are properly positioned with in-game MFD's.

When I press a button on the game screen it is reflected on the WW MFD correctly.

https://youtu.be/wWxV3L0Cdp0?feature=shared

4 hours ago, rob10 said:

Did you assign the bindings in each of the 3 different columns in the DCS binding screen?  There should be one column for each of the Left, Centre and Right DDI frames and you'll need to assign them under the appropriate column.  BUT there are also separate BINDINGS for each of the 3 MFD's: i.e "Left MDI PB 1", "AMPCD PB 1" (for centre MFD) and "Right MDI PB 1".   It sounds like you're assigning all 3 to the "Left MDI PB 1"

Yes I did, when in the options/control I assigned buttons to all 3 MFD's. If I hit the #1 button across all 3 WinWing MFD's I see a coresponding jump to button 1 on each of the individual 3 MFD's in the options control screen for DCS. But when I go in game regardless of which WinWing MFD I press a button it only affects the left WinWing MFD. But if I press a button on the screen with the mouse the effect is seen on the corresponding/correct WinWing MFD.

Edited by Warlock99

11 hours ago, Trigati said:

Sounds like you’ve not set them as L C or R in SimappPro, so they are all acting as the same device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I did set up like that in SimappPro, although I've gone back in and found them changed back to all left a few times. Not sure if thats a bug/glitch or if it just happens occasionally.

Thanks.

16 hours ago, MustangSally said:

Thanks. I have all 3 oy your videos on my desktop and find them very helpful. Haven't seen anything in the PT2 that addresses my issue. Still use them as reference/review.

I am setting mine up again and have hit a problem at the "Set MFD display"  stage...  In wondows display set up, they are correct and this is also true in the "select scaling and layout" stage.

However, in the "set MFD display" stage, the AMPCD and the RH MFD are transposed. I am unable to swap them using the drop down arrow, they are all red with a line through and wont accept any input.......

Any ideas? Thanks! 

SAP win.png

problem.png

windows.png

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

IF I understand you correctly it, you need to select the blank space above the red indicators and de-select the MFD of the ones you want to change then re-select the ones you want and assign as needed.

• Thanks 1

Perfect, thanks buddy...

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Update: remote assistance from winwing has solved this issue, thanks

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2024 at 11:48 AM, Warlock99 said:

How did you get the MFD tab to show up in Simapppro? I'm having the same issues. The MFD's show up in the control's options in DCS, as well as they appear in simapppro themselves, but I still have no way to make them stop displaying my desktop. Also, the light on the back of my MFD's is purple. I'm lost! 

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!