Mission mp: AREA DEFENSE

Mission by TX-Kingsnake

txsquadron.com

Mission version 5

http://www.4shared.com/file/94562682/ed248643/AREA_DEFENSE.html

SITUATION

ENEMY: U.S.A. armor departing LOA (limit of advance) HUNT for the EA (engagement areas) FENCE, WALL, MOAT & FORT.

FRIENDLY: Russia. The ATKHB (attack helicopter battalion) are tasked to conduct an area defense of the areas outlying the airbase from 07:00 to 09:00. The ATKHB will concentrate its assets on denying the enemy designated terrain. The enemy enjoys a mobility advantage over the defending force with well-defined avenues of approach. The defending ground force has insufficient combat power to cover the likely enemy avenues of approach in sectors RULE & TURF.

START TIME: 07:00

TEMP: 17 deg. C

WIND: 45 at 8 kph

PRECPTNS.: None

EXECUTION: Deny the enemy designated terrain in sectors RULE and TURF for 2 hours.

MANEUVER: At WP SNOWMAN assess direction of threat and move forward to WP LOOKOUT. Friendly units are behind LD TURF. Engagement expected near WP DYNAMITE.

ENEMY FIRES: Air to air, sam threats, AAA and armor.

ALTITUDE FORMATION MVMT TECHNIQUE: Ceiling <1,000 m. up to WP LOOKOUT, no ceiling thereafter. Utilize terrain masking and altitude at your discretion until Hawk threats are exhausted.

RALLY POINTS: 1) LOOKOUT & 2) DYNAMITE

ACTIONS ON CONTACT: Weapons free

A/C LOADS: 12x9A4172, 40xS-8

SERVICE SUPPORT:

FARPs: N/A

MAINT: Min. Vody Airbase URMM

COMPANY FREQ'S:

127.5 #1 Commander mode Black 1

127.5 #2 Commander mode Black 2

127.5 #3 Commander mode Black 3

127.5 #4 Commander mode Black 4

127.5 #1 Wingman mode White 1

127.5 #2 Wingman mode White 2

127.5 #3 Wingman mode White 3

127.5 #4 Wingman mode White 4

AREADEFENSEBRIEF.jpg

• Like 1

yes. this looks like somthing of interest. thank you.

i would actually like a mission like this to practice with, simple waves of advancing enemy objects not necissarily weapons hot. somthing to practice observation and tracking in black shark......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are running this on the 104th server (along with Servman) , seems to be a great mission!

2 questions about it:

1) White 1 seems to have an AI wingman ? ...

2) I need to test this, but the first time I ran up the mission on our dedicated and unpaused, all of the sound files played at once to the client....htere were too many people on and playing for me to restart the mission and check if the same thing hapenned, but will do so later.

1) White 1 seems to have an AI wingman ? ...

2) I need to test this, but the first time I ran up the mission on our dedicated and unpaused, all of the sound files played at once to the client....htere were too many people on and playing for me to restart the mission and check if the same thing hapenned, but will do so later.

1) It could take 20 minutes to populate a server. I like to have a wingman with me if nobody is around.

2) It has been tested on the ka50.com server for about a week. And you read the post where mp missions are sending all the audio out at client join then triggering properly after that. I imagine you may have run into this before but the sounds were rather short. If not here is the link to the question. But save your time reading it and hope they fix it in the patch.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=39592

Another item of note - The black flight has cold starts and the white flight is ready to go. If you prefer startup and preflight or not you can have it your way.

Edited by TX-Kingsnake

yeah, it'd be good if you could pre-set that stuff (frequency and ID number) as part of the parameters of the aircraft in the ME...but ah well..people just haveto not be so impatient, and actually set up the aircraft properly BEFORE takeoff...not be so eager to get to the fight that there is 8 Commanders on Id1 on 127.500 , lol

I know we run this map a few times a day. Feel free to hop on to our teamspeak server. We noticed that nobody sets the correct wingman ID or does anything on the datalink so we usually use a different frequency and pass target data back and forth to each other. It makes playing the map that much better when you have targeting data coming in all the time! :)