INSIDE/OUTSIDE MOVING ZONE not working?

vctpil
Go to solution Solved by vctpil,

Hi,

I try to activate a refueling tanker when a F/A-18C is returning to the air carrier. The AAR is supposed to activate when the F/A-18C is within 50 nautical mile from the boat. The F/A-18 first takeoff from the boat.

The trigger was working before the last update, but not anymore. Here it is :

1 SWITCHED                   UNIT OUTSIDE MOVING ZONE (F/A-18C, Moving Zone Boat, Boat)                     FLAG INCREASE ("1",1)

2 SWITCHED                   UNIT INSIDE MOVING ZONE (F/A-18C, Moving Zone Boat, Boat)                         FLAG INCREASE ("1",1)

3 ONCE                            FLAG EQUAL ("1",2)                                                                                                 GROUP ACTIVATE (AAR Shell)

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Vincent

Edited by vctpil

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

Not sure if you can use switched with increasing FLAG value.  Try using

1 ONCE                   UNIT OUTSIDE MOVING ZONE (F/A-18C, Moving Zone Boat, Boat)                                                  FLAG 1 ON

2 ONCE                   UNIT INSIDE MOVING ZONE (F/A-18C, Moving Zone Boat, Boat) 

AND FLAG 1 TRUE  AND TIME MORE THAN 600                                                                                GROUP ACTIVATE (AAR Shell)

you can take-off leave zone and accidentally pop through it again within the furst 600 secs after that entering zone tanker will appear

I only use switched condition to make something turn on and off repeatedly throughout the mission.  Its not like you can spawn more than one AAR unit doing this though.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

With your original triggers, tanker would activate in the exact moment, when you would leave the moving zone of the carrier. As if you start on the boat, you already meet conditions of trigger 2 (inside moving zone). When you take off and fly outside of moving zone, you activate trigger 1 and at that point flag 1 has already value of 2. So in order for your triggers to work i think you should set condtion to 3. Once /flag 1 value "3" / activate unit

What Druid proposes is better, for it contains additional conditions that make sure it will not happen to early.

I personally use simple "once / time is more xxx / activate tanker"

or i provide players radio menu item to call for recovery tanker, when needed"

1. Once / time is more xxx / add radio item "request recovery tanker" (flag 1)

2. Once / Flag 1 is true / activate tanker  and remove radio item "request recovery tanker"

Edited by Wroblowaty

"With your original triggers, tanker would activate in the exact moment, when you would leave the moving zone of the carrier. As if you start on the boat, you already meet conditions of trigger 2 (inside moving zone). When you take off and fly outside of moving zone, you activate trigger 1 and at that point flag 1 has already value of 2. So in order for your triggers to work i think you should set condtion to 3. Once /flag 1 value "3" / activate unit"

I used this trigger till now, but it is not working since the last update.

And I use the "add radio item" as a temporary trigger.

I would like to know if there is a bug now with this trigger.

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY