AI Will Not Drop Bombs on Biggen Hill

Rex

Nor will they attack it in any way.  Nothing I do makes any airplanes attack map objects at Biggen Hill.  I've tried for the past 3 hours.  Doras, Antons, and Kurfursts simply overly the field then go land at Heathrow with full tanks of gas + all of their weapons.  I have 8 planes "attacking" the field, yet not one bomb has ever dropped, not one bullet fired.

I dunno.

Edited by Rex

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

I solved it anyway,  I flew over the field and dropped some flavorful food, you know ... pizza, lasagna, burritos, etc ... and the limeys went running in every conceivable direction screaming "omg, we have some kind of sensors in our mouths!  I had no idea! But I don't understand ... what IS this sensation my mouth sensors are picking up?!".

The place has been a ghost town ever sense.  Since they found out about this "taste" sense, they've been eating their way across the continent, trying to make up for lost time.

So, you know, all's well that ends well 😉

Edited by Rex
  • Like 2

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

Yeah, I'm afraid something is wrong with Biggen Hill.  When I try to set AI units to take off 'from Ramp' from Biggen Hill, and then I set them as "Uncontrolled" so I can script them alive later, they all spontaneously blow up on mission start.

IMG_1025.jpg

Rex's Rig

6 hours ago, Rex said:

I solved it anyway,  I flew over the field and dropped some flavorful food, you know ... pizza, lasagna, burritos, etc ... and the limeys went running in every conceivable direction screaming "omg, we have some kind of sensors in our mouths!  I had no idea! But I don't understand ... what IS this sensation my mouth sensors are picking up?!".

The place has been a ghost town ever sense.  Since they found out about this "taste" sense, they've been eating their way across the continent, trying to make up for lost time.

So, you know, all's well that ends well 😉

😆 Indeed. Very thoughtful and generous of you to make a food-drop and what a choice, who doesn’t love Italian food?

In fact, there’s a nice little Italian in Westerham just up the road from the airfield. If you come out of the White Hart and turn left back towards the village, go past the statue of Winnie on the green, stay on the right side of the road and carry on up the hill, it’s just up there in a little side road on the right. Don’t take the first right that leads you back to Biggin but the next one. They do a lovely Lasagne, though not as good as mine apparently. Not my opinion, I quite enjoy theirs and they do lovely garlic bread and great desserts. They’ve a good wine list too. Quite fancy some now you’ve mentioned it. 🙂

4 hours ago, Rex said:

Yeah, I'm afraid something is wrong with Biggen Hill.  When I try to set AI units to take off 'from Ramp' from Biggen Hill, and then I set them as "Uncontrolled" so I can script them alive later, they all spontaneously blow up on mission start.

……….……

Apart from the spelling, there is something wrong with Biggin Hill on the Normandy map. I read elsewhere of someone having trouble so you’re not alone. I’ll have a look myself later, we want it fully operational. 

Unlike the Channel map, devs seem to be pretty good with fixes, I wonder if the problem is on other airfields that were added? At least you can rule out trouble at your end as other people have the same problem. Hope for a fix soon, buona salute e tanti auguri di buone feste. :santa:

• Thanks 1

Biggin is currently inop even for player aircraft, yet alone AI ones. 

I wouldn't waste time on finding workarounds until next OB patch to be honest.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.