Game Crash to desktop (option C) on AH64 instant action firing range mission

Willie Nelson
Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

Hello,

I have done a clean up and repair.

I am playing in VR with a new Pimax Crystal, GPU and CPU and PSU on the AH64 instant action mission and are consistently, though not always, getting a CTD with no 'proper crash' in the log as you discuss in option C (i.e. not specifically noted in the crash log).

It seems to be consistently occurring when I takeoff in the AH-64 firing range mission (a  good amount of ground units) and get some low level translational lift, which makes me suspect that this is correlating to when performance demanded is too high......? Not sure if it might be a temperature thing on my system but it's hard to asses that while I'm playing.

I appreciate it may be outside of the scope of DCS but if you could point me to where I might look next then that would be much appreciated.

I have attached two crash logs from the same crash type to assist. I would appreciate any assistance you might be able to provide. Kind regards, Willie

dcs.log dcs.log

Edited by Willie Nelson
Further info

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/31/2023 at 8:55 AM, Flappie said:

Hi @Willie Nelson. Was your problem solved?

Yes it was, thanks and sorry for not doing as instructed in the crash instructions. I appreciate you getting back to me. 

• Thanks 1

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.