German version at Farp Editor

Calwpower
Go to solution Solved by razo+r,

12 hours ago, Calwpower said:

Same name in the German version at farp, the same name has been around for a long time, so please change that.

Hmmm. I'm not sure I understand the issue that you are having here (except that, quite obviously, the localization of DCS appears to have been done by some "AI", or decidedly low-skilled talent -- "EINHEITNAME"? Really? Shouldn't that be "EINHEITSNAME"? And "PEILUNG"??? Methinks someone here did not know the difference between heading and bearing and used a dictionary from ca. 1950). Do you want a better translation of the acronym FARP? "Aussenposten"? I'm afraid I'm as low-skilled in this regard as whoever did that translation. Do you have a recommendation?

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, cfrag said:

Hmmm. I'm not sure I understand the issue that you are having here (except that, quite obviously, the localization of DCS appears to have been done by some "AI", or decidedly low-skilled talent -- "EINHEITNAME"? Really? Shouldn't that be "EINHEITSNAME"? And "PEILUNG"??? Methinks someone here did not know the difference between heading and bearing and used a dictionary from ca. 1950). Do you want a better translation of the acronym FARP? "Aussenposten"? I'm afraid I'm as low-skilled in this regard as whoever did that translation. Do you have a recommendation?

FARP klein and FARP gross would already be a good start. 

3 minutes ago, razo+r said:

FARP klein and FARP gross would already be a good start. 

Ah, I now see it. That "Helipad Einzeln" (which mistook for "Helipad Single" or "PAD single") threw me off. Indeed, it seems like ED's QA for the German version comes from a similarly priced talent pool as their German translators... I'm using the English version, so I'm spared many similar linguistic atrocities.

• Like 1

• Solution
10 minutes ago, cfrag said:

Ah, I now see it. That "Helipad Einzeln" (which mistook for "Helipad Single" or "PAD single") threw me off. Indeed, it seems like ED's QA for the German version comes from a similarly priced talent pool as their German translators... I'm using the English version, so I'm spared many similar linguistic atrocities.

You were correct. Helipad Einzeln is Helipad Single. 

@Calwpower There's a "Übersetzungsfehler" Topic in the german section of the forums. If you post your findings there, you might get a direct response. Otherwise I tagged @EagleEye

13 minutes ago, razo+r said:

If you post your findings there

And while at it, you might also want to mention some of these:

image.png

German DCS apparently has quality issues - at least judging from this small random sample. 

Edited by cfrag

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks @razo+r for pointing me to this thread. Unfortunately its not that easy to translate because we cant see where these words are used ingame. We have files with thousands of words. And for example in english version the unit is DEAD not DESTROYED. And they are HIDDEN not Invinsible. So if you can only see the word you translate that. I try to find these mentioned and correct them.

• Like 1

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals