Event-1 Cannon Won't fire

i_am_lugnuts

I bought this campaign quite a while ago and am just getting around to flying it now.  Imagine my disappointment when I got the F-5 in my sights in mission 1 and squeezed the trigger and.... nothing.  I checked my bindings and tried to shoot with the space bar.  Still no luck.  I backed out and loaded one of my own F-14A missions and it worked just fine.  I went back to the campaign and reloaded the ammo before start up in the event that maybe it didn't load correctly.  Didn't work. I loaded a Pair of AIM-9s and they did fire correctly.  I also noticed some strange responses from Jester during startup.  He acknowledged me in the affirmative after I put the right throttle into idle and again when when I turned on my HUD.  Something seems askew. Any thoughts?

No mods are installed and a campaign reinstall was done as well as a DCS repair.

Edited by i_am_lugnuts
additional info

Thanks guys. Lt Jaeger, I think you nailed it.  I have a bad habit of leaving the air off.  The noise annoys me...lol  That's probably what happened.  Reflected, I took your suggestion too.  There's no need for to me to have the spacebar bound in a mission that requires frequent spacebar use.  I never use it anyway.

So, it works now.  I had a ball in mission 1 and landed with 800lbs of fuel 🙂