Turning Knobs

Python1

I'm trying to do the manual start procedure, and I can't turn any knobs. The manual says I can by

"Left mouse click to toggle a switch Left or right mouse click to rotate a rotary dial Rotate the mouse wheel to spin a knob Left click and drag to spin a knob"

none of this works, clicking does nothing, and when I rotate my mouse wheel it zooms the view in and out.

I am trying to rotate a know that the tutorial tells me too, in the video he rotates it.

and while I'm at it, how do I close the cockpit door? Any help?

Python, just place the mouse cursor over the knob you want to turn, then while the cursor is placed over the knob, use the mouse WHEEL to turn the knob.

Edit: ok i just saw that you said that scrolling the wheel causes you to zoom, so, are you using track ir? or are you using the mouse to look around?

You may have to press left cntrl + c to go back to the regular cockpit mouse function. At least I think it is left cntrl+c.

Edited by deadsmell

Dont let the smell get to ya...............

Actually, I think it is Left Alt + C that changes between the zooming/mouselook and buttonpressing/buttonscrolling modes.

So Python1 - Try pressing LAlt + C until you get that small yellow cursor/cross. Then you will be able to scroll knobs by scrolling your mousewheel

I bet you just experienced the (in)famous mouselook bug;

When you enter into the helicopter after loading a mission you can both look around and press buttons at the same time (originally not intended to be done simultaneously)

Pressing LAlt+C changes between looking and clicking modes.

To reproduce the bug I think it is possible to press esc two times in a row (i.e. going to the pause menu and back to the game again).

Edited by Boulund

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

I bet you just experienced the (in)famous mouselook bug;

When you enter into the helicopter after loading a mission you can both look around and press buttons at the same time (originally not intended to be done simultaneously)

Pressing LAlt+C changes between looking and clicking modes.

it is wacky if you have to juggle your settings from looking around to clicking buttons... unaware of any bugs in this though..

I was I thought it is/was a feature..

:huh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

IN SOVIET RUSSIA' date=' KNOB TURNS [i']YOU[/i].

lol

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||