FCR with TADS ?

GrEaSeLiTeNiN

I tried the new FCR and got some hits as CPG. But is there a way to have FCR (on one display) do scans while being able to slew the TADS (on another display) to look at your targets? I find that once I go to CPG GHS to slew the TADS video, I lose the ability to do FCR scans. If I then select FCR via the Sight Select Switch, I lose the TADS view of my targets (it repositions) and the ability to slew the TADS video. 

Update:
- Pilot FCR modes (TPM, ATM, GTM, RMAP) not working yet
- Pilot FCR Scan Size (N, M, Z, W) not working yet
- As CPG, could not get TADS to look at FCR targets (correct as is?)
- PF/NF zones work but not useful in SP as you can't send to AI (yet?)

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

TADS looking at FCR targets will come later with the LINK functionality. For now, you can do a scan and then sight select TADS and set ACQ to FCR, then slave which will make TADS look at the current FCR target (or last target position). You can also use the TGT function with the FCR to generate target points via COORD and slave to these.

PFZ/NFZ zones are useful if you have a lot of targets and want to focus on one area in specific. ie if you have a SA-10 site and you want to ignore the nearby vehicle depot, you might set up a PFZ over the SA-10 area to prioritize targets there. NFZs conversely are useful for setting areas that you don't want to target at all, such as friendly forces.

Pilot FCR GTM mode works, no other modes beyond GTM are implemented. Scan size also works for both seats. FCR must be the selected sight to adjust scan size.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, NeedzWD40 said:

TADS looking at FCR targets will come later with the LINK functionality. For now, you can do a scan and then sight select TADS and set ACQ to FCR, then slave which will make TADS look at the current FCR target (or last target position). You can also use the TGT function with the FCR to generate target points via COORD and slave to these.

- Hmm.. after an FCR Scan, I cannot sight select TADS and there isn't an option for FCR when selecting ACQ. But I can sight select HMD and set ACQ to FCR though slaving only puts the dotted cross on the FCR TGT in the HMD. Guess I'll wait for the Link function. 

- Yes, TGT function in FCR using cursor to select a TGT, then select that TGT number in TSD COORD page to make it ACQ, then Sight Select TADS and slave. That slaves the TADS to look at the selected TGT. Thanks. 

PFZ/NFZ zones are useful if you have a lot of targets and want to focus on one area in specific. ie if you have a SA-10 site and you want to ignore the nearby vehicle depot, you might set up a PFZ over the SA-10 area to prioritize targets there. NFZs conversely are useful for setting areas that you don't want to target at all, such as friendly forces.

- Will they work with AI wingmen in the future (at least in sending to AI wingmen for their action)?

Pilot FCR GTM mode works, no other modes beyond GTM are implemented. Scan size also works for both seats. FCR must be the selected sight to adjust scan size.

- Noted that other FCR modes will come later.

- Managed to get Scan Size for pilot to work. Yeah FCR has to be Sight Selected though sizing only works when not performing a scan (makes sense), ie. can only be used in Single Scan mode when not scanning. 

Thanks very much for your answers.

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

8 hours ago, NeedzWD40 said:

You can also use the TGT function with the FCR to generate target points via COORD and slave to these.

What do you mean with this? You can scan with the FCR, and save all the scanned targets as actual target points via the TSD/coord page?

6 hours ago, Kip336 said:

What do you mean with this? You can scan with the FCR, and save all the scanned targets as actual target points via the TSD/coord page?

There's a TGT button on the left side of the FCR page. You hit that, slew the cursor to a target and cursor depress. That will generate a new target point. 

@NeedzWD40"TADS looking at FCR targets will come later with the LINK functionality. For now, you can do a scan and then sight select TADS and set ACQ to FCR, then slave which will make TADS look at the current FCR target (or last target position). You can also use the TGT function with the FCR to generate target points via COORD and slave to these."

This can only be done in the Front seat right now, correct? I just want to make sure Im not missing anything as I would hate to miss out on being able to do this in the Back seat while we wait for "LINK".

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

28 minutes ago, Fakum said:

This can only be done in the Front seat right now, correct? I just want to make sure Im not missing anything as I would hate to miss out on being able to do this in the Back seat while we wait for "LINK".

Apologies; yes, that is correct. I do virtually all my flying from the front seat. The targets found via the FCR can still be pushed into the COORD page via the FCR TGT menu, but slaving the TADS is gunner-only at the moment.