Radar contact classification and "saving them"

hotrod525
Go to solution Solved by AvroLanc,

Hello folks,

Is there a way to save the target classification whenever you save the FCR Tgt ? Yeah i know it sounds confusing... Whenever you scan, you detect target and classify, if you engage them you'll have the icon, grid etc, in the SHOT page.

Is there a way of saving target and having their class instead of going T01/T02 etc ? I've look trought the manual and it's not in there.

Thanks'

• Solution

No, there’s no way of doing this in RL.

You have the ability to save all target locations as you already describe.

I guess the problem in real life is that FCR information can get stale real quick. The TSD symbols even dim after 5s for moving and 30 secs for stationary. Detected targets are designed to be acted on quickly. What is a column of armor in one location could be a column of trucks 3 mins later. You can already store a location and make a mental note that it was a platoon sized unit of tracked vehicles, but you’ll want to rescan to engage anyway.

@Raptor9
Will the correct IDENT be saved when it is an RFI correlated radar track, when that eventually gets implemented?

For example RFI detects an SA-8, and FCR correlates it with an ADU target. This would get merged into a single SA-8 radar target. When storing that target, will it be a generic TG or would it be an IDENT 8?