What are your bad/foggy weather settings as in 2.9?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't bother with fog settings. It's part of the old weather system and doesn't play nice with current weather settings. Still waiting for fog/haze to be updated to current standards.

Would love to hear where it sits on the list of priorities. Been asking for this since the "new clouds" -update came out but it has been quiet ever since.

• Like 3

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

On 12/24/2023 at 6:14 AM, ltsturm said:

Hey guys,

how to create a rainy day with medium winds and fog? Whenever i try to use fog it gets me some really weird visuals.

PS: i am in VR

grtz

The only way to do it currently is with the old clouds. Select “Nothing” for the cloud pattern, then use the sliders and selections below to generate the effects you want.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2024 at 2:42 PM, Ironhand said:

The only way to do it currently is with the old clouds. Select “Nothing” for the cloud pattern, then use the sliders and selections below to generate the effects you want.

ok tried this, with cloud cover ok but when i slect fog i get this crazy colours 😞 

really shame!

dcsfog24.jpg

14 hours ago, ltsturm said:

ok tried this, with cloud cover ok but when i slect fog i get this crazy colours 😞 

really shame!

dcsfog24.jpg

That’s because I wrote that without checking to make sure that the “old” clouds were still being used. At one point they were. That is no longer the case. So, until ED reworks fog to work with the new clouds, the result will be what you’re seeing.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.