5600x OC

3700Ti OC

64Gb RAM

Gen 4 SSD

32” Curved 144hz

Using MT release

System can give me 144fps no problem. 

ISSUE:

I’m struggling since 2.9 on DLAA V MSAA. For me DLAA is smoother and gives a better ‘image quality’ and ‘texture quality’ to my eyes on all panels, materials and terrain etc. BUT the ghosting is awful - bullet tracers look like hosepipe water, smoke is fuzzy, jets especially in F3 flybys ghost like a mother! Dials when they spin with numbers also blur and number counters also. MFDs also not as sharp as 2.8 days.

Installed the latest 2.9 patch from a few days ago and the ghosting is slightly better on DLAA but after reverting back to MSAA this seems almost worse than pre-2.9 MLAA. Still have jaggies and the textures look flat compared to DLAA. 

I’ve got everything set to high/ultra etc as I always have.

Now I’m torn between better looking visuals except for awful ghosting or no ghosting but flat looking textures and jaggies.

What are your thoughts? Can I try a different combo of settings? Have you guys had a similar experience? 

Crumble. 

That seems like artifacts from DLSS. Try turning that off if you have it on. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Do you have Motion Blur enabled?

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

What‘s your overall frame rate? DLAA works better with higher fps (or to be more precise - the lower the fps the more pronounced is ghosting etc. and vice versa).

Even with 120 fps though, there is still some ghosting on certain features like position lights e.g. …. so when you are very sensitive to such things it might be better to stay with MSAA. (Personally I find the noise of no AA or MSAA worse than a little ghosting….so…)

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 1 month later...

Oh, I get it now.  Just turned DLSS off, but DLAA is on.  Didn't realize how those were kinda different.  Wow.  So much better.  I think it may have solved some of the blurring problem.  Not sure since my eyes are tired right now.  Definitely solves the ghosting problem and still looks pretty good.  Just did instant action, but I think my fps will hold up.  IDK how/why I never tried this before.  Might actually have to turn sharpening down now.  It's that good.

• Like 1

Blurring is still a problem.  I'm in 1440p and however the AA was changed in 2.9 also didn't account for the fact that the UI and cockpit displays are still designed for Windows XP.  Maybe it's less blurry in 4K, but it continues to be a problem for me in 1440p.  With a quality LG gaming monitor and lots of sharpening.  Look at the Master Caution:

image.png

Now look how much clearer it is when I zoom in.  That's what it always used to look like for me before the DLAA/DLSS update.  That clear.  Now it feels like I need glasses or something.  Still has not been addressed, or even really commented on by ED.  The state of this game is so behind 2024.  And you want me to buy more modules?  Lol, no.

image.png

You can particularly see it in the fonts.  It looks like when Windows Clear Type is configured wrong or the resolution is too low.  Everything is malformed and a little blurry.  Basically, my game was downgraded.  Thanks!

• 2 months later...