Mission 10 missing TACAN

arneh
Go to solution Solved by arneh,

In mission 10 (night CQ), I dial in the correct TACAN channel from the kneeboard before taking off, and I can see I have distance and bearing infomation.

However, just before takeoff this dissapears, even if I still have the same correct channel tuned. What i figured out I needed to do was use the Jester menu to ask Jester to tune TACAN to the carrier channel, then I got it back.

Is something causing Jester to retune TACAN just before takeoff, which overrides the channel I have selected? And he tunes the wrong channel?

No, I don't dare to use any mods anymore 😄

Is Jester able to override the TACAN station I set in the front seat? Because, as mentioned, it does work initially, when I set it myself.

Posted (edited)

I tried now to jump into the rear seat, just before launch, and after I lost my TACAN homing. It seems his TACAN is set to channel 59:

Screen_240101_204434.png

Don't know if this is the right way to check though, or does me jumping into the rear seat change anything by itself?

Or maybe me setting TACAN in front cockpit prevents him from changing his in some way?

Edited by arneh

4 hours ago, arneh said:

No, I don't dare to use any mods anymore 😄

Is Jester able to override the TACAN station I set in the front seat? Because, as mentioned, it does work initially, when I set it myself.

FYI, there is an indicator button to the left of your TACAN knob. "PLT" uses your setting, "NFO" uses Jester's. The front and back seat TACAN knobs are not connected. Click this button to switch.

• Solution
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Reflected said:

What if you don’t touch the tacan at all?

Works if I don't change my TACAN, then Jester will set his to the correct channel. That said, if I command Jester to through the Jester menu to set correct channel he does it, even if I have set mine in the front cockpit.

Not used to have Jester set TACAN for me, so I always used to set it myself before takeoff, particularly at night, where I really need it 🙂

12 minutes ago, PawlaczGMD said:

FYI, there is an indicator button to the left of your TACAN knob. "PLT" uses your setting, "NFO" uses Jester's. The front and back seat TACAN knobs are not connected. Click this button to switch.

Thanks, good to know if Jester start selecting wrong channel again.

Edited by arneh