Trimmer not working

Monash
Go to solution Solved by Monash,

I recently returned to the Ka-50 III module and the trimmer switch no longer seems to work.  Previously, I would hold down trim, move the cyclic, release trim, and recenter the cyclic.  The control indicator showed the "trimmed" position of the cyclic.  I think this was the expected behaviour.  Now, however, the trimmer button does not appear "hold" the cyclic in place.  I can hear the "click" when clicking the trimmer switch, but otherwise it does not appear to do anything.  

Any ideas what could be causing this?  I recently added a stick extension if that is relevant.

Cheers,

Monash

Hi Flappie,

I am using a Thrustmaster Warthog joystick.  As I mentioned I have added an extension to the joystick.

Stick timmer mode is set to Instant Trim (default).  Pedals trimmer and PPR. Pedals override are both unchecked.

Note this issue applies to both the BS2 and BS3. 

17 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Please make sure you're using the "Trim Control" command (T = trim on), not the "Trimmer reset" command (LCtrl+T = trim off).

Confirmed that I am using the correct command. 

Posted (edited)

I tried cleanup and repair, but the issue remains.  I (backed up) and deleted the DCS save game folder, completely uninstalled DCS world, confirmed all files from the installation folder were removed, and reinstalled the game and only the BSIII module.  Trim still does not work.  I can hear the click, but the stick location always returns to center. 

Edit: The only thing I can think of that changed is the addition of the extension to the stick.  I suppose I'll have to remove the extension and see if that fixes the problem.  It was a *expletive* to connect the cable so I was hoping to avoid this.  But unless you can suggest some other possibility (and if you can please do), I guess I'll have try and see.

Cheers.

Edited by Monash
Somber reflection.

I removed the extension and double checked Stick Timmer Mode is set to default, but trim still does not work. 

I've put the extension back on.

I should point out that I am not using a keybind assigned to the joystick for these tests.  I'm using the keyboard and the default "T" keybind. 

I am doing these tests with the heli started up, on the runway, ready to take off.

You should try this:

1. Rename your "Saved Games/DCS..." folder to "DCS.bak" (do NOT delete it).
  2. Run DCS, then try the "T" key once again. Does it work this time?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Hi Flappie,

I think you might have missed my post from 7:43 AM yesterday when I describe how I have already tried what you suggest.  I renamed the Saved Games/DCS.openbeta folder to DCS.openbeta.OLD and launched DCS.  This didn't fix the issue.  I followed this up with a complete re-installation of DCS.  The trimmer still does not work.

Sorry about that. At this point, you should contact ED tech support.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• Solution

A solution appears to be to delete the following file:

DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50_3\Input\ka-50_3\joystick\Joystick - HOTAS Warthog.diff.lua. 

This fix is suggested in the following forum thread:

• Like 1