Cast multiple times dcs

As the title indicates, I have to launch DCS several times (4/5 times) so that the fps stabilizes between
45/60 fps because otherwise the first times I launch the fps goes from 45/60 with blue or black screens for 2 seconds to 17/25 fps. when starting the solo mission and on all maps
And this since version 2.9
Any help will be welcome
THANKS

3 hours ago, PLUTON said:

As the title indicates, I have to launch DCS several times (4/5 times) so that the fps stabilizes between
45/60 fps because otherwise the first times I launch the fps goes from 45/60 with blue or black screens for 2 seconds to 17/25 fps. when starting the solo mission and on all maps
And this since version 2.9
Any help will be welcome
THANKS

hello. please post your dcs.log and dxiag info. this will have more clues.

dcs.log is in saved games\dcs\log

dxdiag is a program installed in windows. search for dxdiag and run it. when finished compiling info you can click "save all info button". save it somewhere and then upload both here.

image.png

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Hello here I am again with a track as requested
you will see that at the beginning there is a black screen for several seconds
and then after a blue screen of 2 seconds and the fps going down.
Now if I restart the mission several times the problem disappears and I run 45/60 fps the entire mission, the same if I finish a mission I have to restart DCS otherwise I do not exceed 6/8 fps and this since the first update 2.9🤪

tracks n 1.trk ecran bleu et noir.trk

However I just noticed that on DCS Stable
this problem does not occur, it only occurs on Open Beta
(if that helps with your thoughts!)
of course I think you understood that I fly in VR
in 2D my fps is between 90/115 Depending

Tank you

4 hours ago, PLUTON said:

However I just noticed that on DCS Stable
this problem does not occur, it only occurs on Open Beta
(if that helps with your thoughts!)
of course I think you understood that I fly in VR
in 2D my fps is between 90/115 Depending

Tank you

Hello. Can you share the DCS.log from stable run? Also DCS.log from 2D. It may help to compare.

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

2 hours ago, PLUTON said:

Well here I was able to do the tracks earlier,
its flights are carried out on Stable and Open Beta in MT
I hope you can detect something;
Thank you for giving me your time.

tracks n3 Stable 2D .trk 1.94 MB · 1 download tracks n4 Stable VR 'HP G2' .trk 6.67 MB · 1 download tracks n2 Open Beta en 2D.trk 2.26 MB · 1 download

Hi we could use the DCS.Logs  for these to help..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

12 hours ago, PLUTON said:

Well here I was able to do the tracks earlier,
its flights are carried out on Stable and Open Beta in MT
I hope you can detect something;
Thank you for giving me your time.

hello. thanks for sharing. i will take a look at them this evening when i get home from work. its just after 5 AM here so my day is just starting.

On 1/5/2024 at 7:01 AM, PLUTON said:

ha yes because at home it’s 12 p.m. while it’s 5 a.m. at your place
a good offset
So work well

Bonjour. désolé pour le retard. 🙂 translated.

i ran three of your tracks for a couple minutes while still taxiing. i did not restart DCS between tracks. i am currently uploading to youtube. i did not see any real performance problems.

image.png

i will post links to videos soon.

EDIT. here are the links to the native MP4s. youtube être long(ue) à la détente. (i think)

https://pcwiseman.com/downloads_files/Track01-20240106-08514506.mp4

https://pcwiseman.com/downloads_files/Track02-20240106-08552907.mp4

https://pcwiseman.com/downloads_files/Track03-20240106-08590708.mp4

Edited by silverdevil

Hello money devil
I went through the tracks that you created with the links
as I said black screen at first and blue screen afterwards it only happens when the tarmac is loaded and only in VR
not in 2D but after having passed this unpleasant moment of the blue screen which lasts 2 seconds my performance is fluid and pleasant I think with the configuration that I have (I7.7700K RTX 2080 and 32 Giga of DDR 4 memory) it is a configuration old and very average but that suits me. no what I meant is that its annoyances have appeared since 2.9, before that it was fluid without a blue screen in VR.
Otherwise what do you think of fps? Correct? or not?

25 minutes ago, PLUTON said:

Hello money devil
I went through the tracks that you created with the links
as I said black screen at first and blue screen afterwards it only happens when the tarmac is loaded and only in VR
not in 2D but after having passed this unpleasant moment of the blue screen which lasts 2 seconds my performance is fluid and pleasant I think with the configuration that I have (I7.7700K RTX 2080 and 32 Giga of DDR 4 memory) it is a configuration old and very average but that suits me. no what I meant is that its annoyances have appeared since 2.9, before that it was fluid without a blue screen in VR.
Otherwise what do you think of fps? Correct? or not?

roger that. i was not exactly clear on the problem. in 2d there are some anomalies. it is raining a bit right? i bet the rain droplets are affecting it somehow. also within a second or so of track start the lighting level drops. as far as FPS. i never saw anything less than 60 and as much as 110. the graphs were also steady and no real spikes. 2d is usually better fps than 2d. and sorry i cannot test VR since i do not have it. my specs are 

Windows 10 Professional, i9-11900KF, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090, 128 GB RAM PC4-3200, nvme.

Thank you for taking the time to explain to me what was going on.
It’s true that 2D I have good performance
the problem always lies in VR where to obtain good FPS in all circumstances you have to make the sacrifice on the settings.
What I wanted to say is that I am, like many, in 2.8
It became fluid even with high settings but as with each change in major updates, VR takes a hit on the head in terms of FPS.
Either DCS is working hard to fix this and when it finally becomes smooth again and boom a new patch and it starts again the FPS drops again.
My dream would be that for a moment it remains fluid and that we think of something other than spending our time making adjustments.
Because I tell you I would not let go of DCS even with problems because if DCS disappeared we would be very unhappy.
So when I said that it worked less well since 2.9 This
It was not a complaint but just an observation that many virtual pilots had noticed.
Thank you and good flight to you silverdevil👍

23 minutes ago, PLUTON said:

Thank you for taking the time to explain to me what was going on.
It’s true that 2D I have good performance
the problem always lies in VR where to obtain good FPS in all circumstances you have to make the sacrifice on the settings.
What I wanted to say is that I am, like many, in 2.8
It became fluid even with high settings but as with each change in major updates, VR takes a hit on the head in terms of FPS.
Either DCS is working hard to fix this and when it finally becomes smooth again and boom a new patch and it starts again the FPS drops again.
My dream would be that for a moment it remains fluid and that we think of something other than spending our time making adjustments.
Because I tell you I would not let go of DCS even with problems because if DCS disappeared we would be very unhappy.
So when I said that it worked less well since 2.9 This
It was not a complaint but just an observation that many virtual pilots had noticed.
Thank you and good flight to you silverdevil👍

i understand. it is a shame that so many have problems. but many of us do not have problems. DCS is super complicated and i do not envy the devs scurrying around making fixes to improvements and improvements to fixes. unfortunately the hardware always gets to a point where it is too old and cannot keep up. a computer i have that ran DOS 6 (486) will not run Windows 11. 

good luck and clear skies.