Help with Controls

MerlinCH65

Hello

This is partly a double-post and I'm sorry for that but there is a reason for that (first post got merged into a main topic which does not really fits to my question, thus I'd like to ask again.

I hope someone can help - I'm really lost. Here we go:

1) Mouseview

Before changing to another flight stick (Evo Force) I was able to pan around in the cockpit with my mouse. Middle-Mouse-Button was zooming and I was able to click the buttons. Sometimes this did not work but it seems to be a reported bug. But now, I don't have that feature anymore? Can you tell me what I have to do in order to get that useful feature back?

2) Trimming with Saitek Evo Force

First: I learned how to trim with my old non-ff stick and it worked well! Now, with the Evo I can't trim anymore. Whatever I do, after releasing the Trim-Button, the helo would pitch up and the stick returns into center position. From what I have seen, the stick should stay (more or less) in the position it was after releasing the trim-button. Mine springs back into neutral position.

I have FF = True in the producer.cfg and I have put the Center-Spring-Option to 0% in the Driver. Another Setting in the driver is put to 38%, the rest is on 100%.

So I can't trim anymore. Do you know about this and can you help?

3) FF in general

Can someone tell me which actions are causing a rumble in BS? My new stick works well in e.g. FSX and also in Driver-Test-Mode the stick is giving good feedback. I have no idea if FF works in BS for me as I never got any feedback. When I roll on the tarmac: No FF When I fly and trim: No FF (and trim doesn't work anyway) When I shoot the cannon: No FF.

Do you know which action gives 100% FF so that I can test that?

I have seen the FF Setting Button in the control setup screen but don't know exactly if/what I should do there - the manual is (for me) not that clear...

@MOD: Please don't merge this post again with the large Trim-Post as no-one will read and it takes a lot of time to type that. Please give that Post a bit time - maybe someone can help :cry:

Your answers are - rest assured - very welcome!

Cheers

Merlin

As far as i know there is no FF switch anywhere within BS (you just can change the force with FF Tune).

When you move your stick, click trim, then it should stay at this position without any control change.

If it doesn´t something with your stick driver setup is wrong.

Can´t you use it without any saitek software ? Try install the driver without

any setup software. Worth a try.

I don´t have any ´rumble´ either, but guess that´s normal (why there is that shake setup i don´t know).

But trimming is the great advantage of FF.

Edited by lion737

There are some specific settings required to tame the Cyborg Evo Force. In the control panel for the stick, set 'default spring' to 0% and deselect "spring is always on". That should stop it re-centering itself all the bloody time making flight impossible and 'trimming' totally useless.

As for the rumble. I've never felt the slightest kick out of mine in BS although it’s fine in IL2 and FSX. Looks like ED haven’t implemented that.

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

The Saitek software / drivers may have installed something that is conflicting with your mouse. (ie. The X52 and X52 Pro have a mini stick on the throttle that is actually a mouse by default). Before you go into your Windows control panel and start ripping things out though, check your Black Shark controls settings (don't forget the often overlooked Axis tab !!!) to see if you have a conflict in there, since that is an easy place to fix it.

As you may have already seen in other threads, the Saitek Cyborg Evo Force can be demonstrated to have plenty of force capability... but it is also known to be less "forcefull" in Black Shark. Whether this is a bug, or the result of the 20% authority that the autopilot on the controls being modeled accurately is debatable.

Along with the settings you mentioned (which leads me to believe that you have read other threads in these forums on this) some of us have gained improvement by physically disabling the centering spring. Garbage bag twist ties are a quick/cheap way to accomplish that, to see if it helps (when done in conjunction with the settings). If you get the force feedback trim to work, then you don't really need the stick to center any ways.

Good luck with it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Thanks for your kind messages!

Thanks folks!

This is what I can currently report:

a) Regarding the mouse-look in the cockpit:

Did not found any conflicts in the BS-Configuration (if I recall propperly from the manual, they should appear as "Red Lines" in the configuration. I don't have such red lines and I also can save without getting a message regarding conflicts or so. Thus I assume for the moment that I don't have them.

Am I right that this "looking/clicking" around with the mouse should work anyway without binding it to some commands, right? Because maybe I deleted/lost something here... Do you know something about this?

b) Regarding the Center-Spring-Issue

This is funny. I went several times into the driver panel of the stick and I can see those sliders (they're in German but I assume that we are speaking of the last slider that I shall set to 0% and that I have to uncheck the checkbox right below that slider. Did that - believe it or not. Every time I do this and confirm with OK it will go back to 100% and the checkbox is checked again :doh:. I somehow *feel* that this would help, but "it" won't let me do this setting. Have you had this same problem? --> I saw your input regarding the manual blocking of the center spring... Allow me to not do this for the moment - in order applications I might need it and I think that it should not be the way we have to cope with that issue - but hey, maybe it'll be the last resort...

BTW: De-Installed the Saitek-Program-Thingie (not the driver, the other software that let's you program on top. Kinda feels dumb to have that on my machine when I don't even manage the bloody basics :P.

Any comments on that phenomenon are - as usual - really welcome.

P.S.: Got the message - there is no real FF in BS... It's a bit sad - I was so looking forward to get my right hand shaked (what a change :smilewink: hehehe...). I tried with FSX and by sheer luck I took the Ultralight on a dust track and, well..., what a rumble... It is adding to the immersion - sadly not for BS :cry:

Cheers, Merlin

Edited by MerlinCH65