F-18 FLIR not moving

#1 thing is to make sure the FLIR display has TDC priority, do you have a small diamond in the top right corner?

If so make sure you're not in A/A master mode as well.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What Hulkbust44 said.  Another things to look at is which mode you are in as only some of them allow you to slew.

But post a track (you can save a track from the debrief screen after you exit a mission) and we'll likely be able to tell you what you are doing wrong rather than guessing and telling you what you probably are doing wrong.

Edited by rob10
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Hulkbust44 said:

#1 thing is to make sure the FLIR display has TDC priority, do you have a small diamond in the top right corner?

If so make sure you're not in A/A master mode as well.

Also don't forget holding TDC Depress (I think) before you try and directionally slew if you have 'realistic TDC slew' enabled in settings.

12 minutes ago, bfr said:

Also don't forget holding TDC Depress (I think) before you try and directionally slew if you have 'realistic TDC slew' enabled in settings.

@bfr That's only for mavericks. Not applicable to Tpods/Flir pods.

@ADC_Boros Sensor control switch to the direction of the MFD the Flir is to cycle between its modes. If it is slaved to a steerpoint it won't slew unless you change its tracking mode. Page: 228 on the manual.

Note: I'll jump into DCS shortly to refresh the procedure or see if there is something wrong, but unlikely as I flew it after the latest OB patch without issues.

Not for slewing the FLIR

40 minutes ago, Czar66 said:

@bfr That's only for mavericks. Not applicable to Tpods/Flir pods.

@ADC_Boros Sensor control switch to the direction of the MFD the Flir is to cycle between its modes. If it is slaved to a steerpoint it won't slew unless you change its tracking mode. Page: 228 on the manual.

Note: I'll jump into DCS shortly to refresh the procedure or see if there is something wrong, but unlikely as I flew it after the latest OB patch without issues.

39 minutes ago, Hulkbust44 said:

Not for slewing the FLIR

Aye, my bad.

• Like 1

Just did a flight today and changing the tracking modes is working after WPDSG on a waypoint.

4 hours ago, bfr said:

Aye, my bad.

Hey, you were not wrong, though. TDC depress (not holding) will unstick the flir from the TGT although it won't track the ground, hence the need to switch tracking mode anyways.
TDC will unstick the flir but is just one extra step that will not change the end result. I figured it was a confusion with the TDC depress to slew the Maverick seeker, yet it does work. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Or Unlock the WPT as the SPI, now FLIR will move, or SP as needed.

5600x, EVGA 3070 FTW, B550 Tomahawk, M.2 Samsung, 32GB CL16, AIO 240mm
VKB Gladiator Pro, Freetracker IR 3d printed, TM MkII HOTAS circa 1985 w/USB
Asus 27" 2560x1440 60fps (so constrain DCS to 60fps)    F-16, F-18
       2021 = First year on DCS: