Performance degradation after starting follow-up mission

Hey all, I have a strange problem.

I noticed that when starting up DCS the first flight I play is buttery smooth with no stutters.

If I fly a second mission i notice fps is down and there is some mild stuttering.

If I fly a third mission fps is much lower and the stuttering is extreme.

The only way around this is I have to "quit to desktop" after every mission and start DCS fresh each time.

This only started recently although I dont recall after which update exactly. Maybe in the last 2-4 updates

Any ideas? Are there any logs/details I can provide to help find the root cause?

Edited by MacEwan

Hey, just wanna hop in, i got the "same" issue it seems. first mission i play is perfectly fine, second one starts to have cyclic stuttering at the same time intervals, although raw fps is relatively the same.

Edited by Taldirok

On 1/10/2024 at 2:41 PM, MacEwan said:

Hey all, I have a strange problem.

I noticed that when starting up DCS the first flight I play is buttery smooth with no stutters.

If I fly a second mission i notice fps is down and there is some mild stuttering.

If I fly a third mission fps is much lower and the stuttering is extreme.

The only way around this is I have to "quit to desktop" after every mission and start DCS fresh each time.

This only started recently although I dont recall after which update exactly. Maybe in the last 2-4 updates

Any ideas? Are there any logs/details I can provide to help find the root cause?

On 1/11/2024 at 8:41 AM, Taldirok said:

Hey, just wanna hop in, i got the "same" issue it seems. first mission i play is perfectly fine, second one starts to have cyclic stuttering at the same time intervals, although raw fps is relatively the same.

hello. please post your dcs.log to start. we can go from there.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

@Taldirok hello. i see several differences between my config and your's

this is a screen shot of mine. do a screen shot of your setting or make a copy of your \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\options.lua or save a custom. then match mine (except res) and see what happens

image.png

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain