S-8OFP do lofting bombing as S-8KOM do

On 1/17/2024 at 3:00 PM, okopanja said:

Already turned off. Are you talking about CCRP or manual lofting?

Se the video on Telegram from the first post. Loft bombing with rockets like in the Ukraine war

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

Se the video on Telegram from the first post. Loft bombing with rockets like in the Ukraine war

I've seen a video you have sent me. OK, you are trying to pitch up and fire missiles.

I am still not clear on why the missiles can not be used for loft bombing.

What am I missing:

- too low damage?

- no fuses working?

Note that I have serious doubts about effectivness of such bombing.

26 minutes ago, okopanja said:

I've seen a video you have sent me. OK, you are trying to pitch up and fire missiles.

What am I missing:

- too low damage?

- no fuses working?

well the documentary I seen on it, does work. look it up on YouTube. Goes back to 1940s when it was used.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

2 hours ago, okopanja said:

What am I missing:

- too low damage?

- no fuses working?

The loft bombing with S-8 work pretty well in DCS only with S-8KOM. The rest of the rockets have not same flight model, and they are barely or not at all accurate. I’m talking about the ballistic trajectory. It’s extremely different in comparison with the other similar variant S-8OFP. Please give it a try 

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't understand the problem here. Both KOM and OFP2 are being fired, flying a parable, and hitting random crops far away, like it should.

Now if you are talking about their range being different, its because the OFP2 use a newer and stronger booster.

Images for KOM <--> OFP2. From 32° pitch. the OFP2 has about +50% range, and has about +50% area covered, makes sense to me. If fired at a lower angle to hit the same distance as the KOM, it would have approx the same dispersion

image.pngimage.png

Edited by Skuva
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pepin1234 said:

The loft bombing with S-8 work pretty well in DCS only with S-8KOM. The rest of the rockets have not same flight model, and they are barely or not at all accurate. I’m talking about the ballistic trajectory. It’s extremely different in comparison with the other similar variant S-8OFP. Please give it a try 

I did give it a try, range differs, and they sound differently, but still what is wrong here?

2 hours ago, Skuva said:

I don't understand the problem here. Both KOM and OFP2 are being fired, flying a parable, and hitting random crops far away, like it should.

Now if you are talking about their range being different, its because the OFP2 use a newer and stronger booster.

Images for KOM <--> OFP2. From 32° pitch. the OFP2 has about +50% range, and has about +50% area covered, makes sense to me. If fired at a lower angle to hit the same distance as the KOM, it would have approx the same dispersion

image.pngimage.png

Make sense. So what is your fire setup to hit a narrow area using OFP2? So far, I do well only with KOM.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

12 hours ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

well the documentary I seen on it, does work. look it up on YouTube. Goes back to 1940s when it was used.

I tend to agree with Tornado pilot. Have you paid attention on what he was saying?

Both UKR/RUS do this, but so far i have not seen a single drone recording showing the effects. IMHO: it's good for wood cutting, and that is pretty much it.

This weapon if used in defended area has lost it's primary purpose, it's more used as a terror weapon.