DCS F-16 cockpit and formation lights

VDV
Go to solution Solved by Milker,

Hi i have 2 questions:

1. Is F-16 has formation lights, like F-18?? because i cant find it ...

2. Is there a knobs into cockpit like "night" knobs in F-18, who turns on HUD and displays into night mode?

Thank you!

Edited by VDV

10 hours ago, VDV said:

1. Is F-16 has formation lights, like F-18?? because i cant find it ...

Hi, if you think about those green stripes lights then no, F-16 doesn't have that. F-16 has red and green position/formation lights on the wingtips as well as on the fuselage. You can check that in the manual page 69.

10 hours ago, VDV said:

2. Is there a knobs into cockpit like "night" knobs in F-18, who turns on HUD and displays into night mode?

There is HUD panel right off the stick inside the cockpit, on that panel there is HUD brightness control switch which sets the illumination.

Edited by Furiz

4 hours ago, Furiz said:

There is HUD panel right of the stick inside the cockpit, on that panel there is HUD brightness control switch which sets the illumination.

That's for the DED. HUD dial is right under the HUD, same one used to turn it on or off.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

3 hours ago, Exorcet said:

That's for the DED. HUD dial is right under the HUD, same one used to turn it on or off.

The one for the DED is called Data Entry Display Brightness Control Knob and its is on the Lighting panel.

8 hours ago, Furiz said:

The one for the DED is called Data Entry Display Brightness Control Knob and its is on the Lighting panel.

It seems we were talking about slightly different things and your original point was correct. I was interpreting the question as looking for an adjustment dial, but I guess the switch is more analogous.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 3 weeks later...

The switch in the HUD section in the right console near the flightstick changes HUD Brightness from Day to Auto to Night. Auto does not seem to work if I interprete that as settings the HUD to Day brightness during day and to Night brightness during night. Flipping the switch to Night darkens the HUD immediately. A must for night missions.

• Like 1