Activate FCR in Mad Campaign

Clyber

Hello. 

I have noticed that the is no FCR mounted on the helicopter in the MAD AH64 Campaigns. But i also hear that i have to activate it in the mission editor. I have tried this but all options are greyed out and are unavailable in the mission editor. Can anyone help put ? 

Paid campaigns are locked.  You can't edit with ME.

There may be a way to update the mission files themselves, but I am unaware of specifics.

You should reach out to the campaign creator directly, I suspect.

• Thanks 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

10 hours ago, Mistermann said:

There may be a way to update the mission files themselves, but I am unaware of specifics.

Until Stone updates his campaign to support this (he may not want you using the FCR in his campaign, BTW), this might be an easy fix if you're willing to edit the mission file itself. 

Before doing this make a backup of the .miz.  Also, if memory serves me,  every DCS update will overwrite this change so you'll need to keep track of the changes and re-apply if an update reverts this file back to "base".

1. Open up the miz file and extract the "mission" object. 
  2. Edit this object with a text editor like Notepad++.
  3. Find all entries for ["FCR_RFI_removed"] = true, and replace the word true with false
  4. Save the "mission" object 
  5. Replace the "mission" object in the miz with the one you just saved
  6. Fly the mission and enjoy the FCR

I tested this with a simple mission I had and it worked just fine - YMMV.

• Thanks 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

another solution - go to ME, call up the AH-64, on the line where the waypoints, loadout etc are is the line (...) but vertical is the option for the FCR , un- check the remove FCR.   U cannot save the change, but u can just fly from the ME page and then u are flying with FCR aboard.  Yes have to do it every time you come into that mission, Stone Sky did say hopes to have changed in next update. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I-9 12900K, RTX 3090, 64 GB, 2TB SSD, Oculus Quest 2, Win 11, Winwing Orion F-16EX Stick, F-18 dual throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals.

On 1/27/2024 at 1:12 PM, Mistermann said:

Until Stone updates his campaign to support this (he may not want you using the FCR in his campaign, BTW), this might be an easy fix if you're willing to edit the mission file itself. 

Before doing this make a backup of the .miz.  Also, if memory serves me,  every DCS update will overwrite this change so you'll need to keep track of the changes and re-apply if an update reverts this file back to "base".

3. Find all entries for ["FCR_RFI_removed"] = true, and replace the word
    On 1/27/2024 at 1:12 PM, Mistermann said:

3. Find all entries for ["FCR_RFI_removed"] = true, and replace the word true with false

true with false

Hello. 

Can you explain .1  please. 

I have opened the file on the mission editor but i dont know how to extract the object. 

Edited by Clyber

Open using your favorite zip tool.  The .miz is just a .zip file renamed for DCS.

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Once i have done edit the file do i just add it in the new mission miz folder after a new update or do i need to adjust the new file in the new folder after every update ? 

Edited by Clyber

On 2/3/2024 at 6:45 AM, Clyber said:

Once i have done edit the file do i just add it in the new mission miz folder after a new update or do i need to adjust the new file in the new folder after every update ? 

I am not 100% sure on this one.  I think every ED patch update refreshes the campaign to its base state, so you'll need to update these after each update.  If you prepare yourself to edit those mission objects after every ED patch, you'll be pleasantly surprised you don't have to do it 😇.

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Hello all! Apparently ED moved this topic to my technical support, and I saw your dialogue!
In the next DCS update, the FCR will be on your helicopter in the MAD AH-64 campaign. I didn’t have time to add this to the December update, and now updates are happening less frequently, which is why I had to wait so long.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2024 at 9:42 PM, Mistermann said:

I am not 100% sure on this one.  I think every ED patch update refreshes the campaign to its base state, so you'll need to update these after each update.  If you prepare yourself to edit those mission objects after every ED patch, you'll be pleasantly surprised you don't have to do it 😇.

Well at least there is a solution. thx

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 6:37 AM, STONE SKY said:

Hello all! Apparently ED moved this topic to my technical support, and I saw your dialogue!
In the next DCS update, the FCR will be on your helicopter in the MAD AH-64 campaign. I didn’t have time to add this to the December update, and now updates are happening less frequently, which is why I had to wait so long.

Hello Stone Sky, Thx for picking this topic up and your response. We are looking forward to the next update but at least Mistermann gave up a great hack to have FCR on board and there are less updates to worry about like you said. 

• Thanks 1