Mission 12 feels random

Campaign finished, I like it a lot. Very different than Spitfire campaigns, but loved diverse missions.

Then at the end, mission 12. Ended in weird way, I checked youtube and saw others got much more from it than me. Then replayed twice, but each time it's different. Too bad it was never complete, either some comms were missing or they were not synched with events. Mission itself is great, this would be just a bonus immersion. 😁

Spoiler

Attempt 1
After attacking ground targets, I get task to divert and help the other flight. I accept and minut later Anton explodes, it's in flames, I blackout. I bailout just meters above ground and die, but get "Hands up, Jerry!" and campaign complete. Tacview does not show anything hitting me, and I didn't save track so it's mystery if it is scripted.

Attempt 2
I accept task to divert, and shorty after I get "I'm loosing engine power..." and "Bail out or belly land", but get the some scripted damage 30 seconds later. Two minutes later I'm out of fuel and die while belly landing.

Attempt 3
I diverted, got into furball with P-47 and after short time I get some big engine damage (looks scripted), but continue to fly. Did not get "I'm loosing engine power... It was an honor to fly with you" or message to bail out, but P-47 catched up and after taking additional damage, I bailed out, got final text and campaign complete.

Also in 3rd attempt, 3 Antons decided to crash instead of takeoff, but I guess that's some DCS bug with following as my taxi to the runway was not ideal...

@Reflected if needed, I do have saved tracks for last two attempts.

SPOILERS:

Yes, that part is clear, no problem with it. Strange was that it happened earlier, did not have chance to do dogfight for end of campaign. If I didn't see Youtube videos, I would not known sometimes you get more out of that mission. I was probably too slow in first part of the mission.

And in other attempt, the bailout message was triggered much before damage was triggered. That one looks like a bug, but maybe engine needed time to be noticeably damaged.

Please don't read this as complaining, maybe it's more me, expecting some big finale for final mission, ended abruptly shortly after dropping a bomb. But it is good ending of very good campaign. I'm amazed how much I improved flying Anton just with that campaign. In first missions I could barely takeoff and land. 

• ED Team
On 1/29/2024 at 3:13 PM, Reflected said:

Yes, the ‘set failure’ trigger has been bugged for over a year despite me having reported it to ED straight away. 

I tried a stripped-down version of the mission just to trigger the damage.

It's a fuel leak and all works as I would expect. The fuel leaks, you can see the streaming fuel and the plane eventually runs out of fuel and quits.

Am I misunderstanding the issue? Thanks.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

57 minutes ago, NineLine said:

I tried a stripped-down version of the mission just to trigger the damage.

It's a fuel leak and all works as I would expect. The fuel leaks, you can see the streaming fuel and the plane eventually runs out of fuel and quits.

Am I misunderstanding the issue? Thanks.

Thanks for checking NL. It's weird that some damages work ,some don't? But if the fuel leak works, then the only thing I can think of is that an unofficial mod is messing with the triggers for @Blackbird7 . Are you using nay of those?

@Reflected @NineLine no unofficial mods and I had done recently slow repair. Damage trigger seems ok, it happens always, effects vary from subtle to sometimes violent explosion.

But confusing is trigger for my pilot to starts speaking "I'm loosing engine power..." and then message to bail out or belly land. This sometimes happens before any visible problem/damage and sometimes does not happen at all.

Edited by Blackbird7
text formatting

The explosion is a fail safe trigger in case the normal triggers don't fire.

BUT: if you're getting the loosing engine power message, then it should work. That trigger fires if the oil or fuel pressure drops to near 0. If that happens, you ARE losing engine power.

So I'm not sure what's not working on your end.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackbird7 said:

Ok, then I guess all is fine, normal triggers were somehow skipped, so I didn't get the message, only explosion.

You get the explosion if the triggered fuel leak doesn't kill your engine (because for some reason it doesn't work, but apparently it does). I adjusted the conditions a bit, but I think the issue must be somewhere on your end, in your install, because I tested the triggers and they work for me - and all other players. I'm clueless as to what may cause it, if you have no mods.

• ED Team
4 hours ago, Reflected said:

You get the explosion if the triggered fuel leak doesn't kill your engine (because for some reason it doesn't work, but apparently it does). I adjusted the conditions a bit, but I think the issue must be somewhere on your end, in your install, because I tested the triggers and they work for me - and all other players. I'm clueless as to what may cause it, if you have no mods.

If you want it to happen a little faster set the front and rear fuel tanks to rupture instead of major leak. 

• Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

13 hours ago, Reflected said:

Interesting. Maybe it's something to with fuel management, as it's related to the fuel leak. I had fuel lever up, for all tanks, but only rear pump enabled. As for mods/plugins, I have only SRS and Tacview, I hope those can't corrupt missions.

If it would help, here is track for that 3rd attempt of the mission, when I didn't get the message (also did not notice fuel leak, probably was slow leak), and got explosion.

horrido12fail3.trk

Thanks a lot NL for checking, much appreciated. The failsafe explosion happens 4 minutes after the damage. When I tested the mission it was always enough.

I've now changed the damage to 'rupture' and will move the failsafe a bit later too, and link it to some zones because I need to make sure the player doesn't make it back over the lines 🙂

• Like 1