AUTO Bombs Salvo Placement

Bankler

Yes. I can confirm, that at least around a year ago, and at least when dropping in CCIP (I'm quite certain it was the same for AUTO though, since it would make sense), if you dropped 5 bombs with a interval of say 500', it would put bomb number 3 on the aimpoint. Doing the exact same thing today, will put bomb number 1 on the aimpoint.

I don't know what's correct. In my world both make sense and are just about equally functional. As long as you know what to expect. Not sure if this change was intended or not.

• ED Team
30 minutes ago, Bankler said:

@BIGNEWY  Do you happen to know anything about this? Cheers!

Hi please include a short as possible track replay example and I will take a look in the morning ( its late here in the UK ) 

edit: split your post from that very old report, and moved to bug reports

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

47 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi please include a short as possible track replay example and I will take a look in the morning ( its late here in the UK ) 

edit: split your post from that very old report, and moved to bug reports

thanks

Okay, here goes! Three tracks, though all show the same results. CCIP, AUTO (explicitly set) and AUTO (automatically set by being in CCIP when pressing WPDSG).

Note that I'm aiming on the middle building of the five. That's where the first bomb go. I'm not sure what's correct, but AFAIK it was like this when the Hornet came out. Then it was changed so that the bombs did bracket the aimpoint (i.e number 3 out of five bombs on the aimpoint, two before and two after), but now it's back to the original implementation, and I'm curious if that is intended or not?

image.png

Hornet_Interval_Bug_CCIP_to_AUTO.trkHornet_Interval_Bug_CCIP.trkHornet_Interval_Bug_AUTO.trk

Edited by Bankler

• ED Team

thanks I will ask the team the intended behaviour for an AUTO delivery 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2024 at 11:14 AM, BIGNEWY said:

thanks I will ask the team the intended behaviour for an AUTO delivery 

Just to clarify. I don't think this is an AUTO exclusive issue, but goes for CCIP as well. But I'm certainly not sure by any means. It's just the way I remember it working after ED fixed/adjusted it last time. In some ways it's confusing how this is even possible to implement for CCIP. But I guess by extrapolating the currently calculated aimpoint by, ehm, (QTY setting * Intervall setting) / 2, in the direction you're flying, and drawing the reticle there, would get it right. 

Would be nice if a Hornet guy could chip in on how it works. Weapons questions are always tricky, but could very well be such a trivial thing that it's not a confidentiality issue.

And then again, the way it works now (aimpoint always on the first bomb's estimated placement) is absolutely fine and makes just as much sense. Just not sure if it's correct compared to IRL Hornet.

Have a nice weekend! 👋

• ED Team

Hi,

it is not clear currently for AUTO and I am searching for answers.

However based on the information we have for CCIP the release point should be the middle of the target group. 

• ED Team
52 minutes ago, Bankler said:

Ok, nice research! Then that means it's currently bugged (at least for CCIP), unless I'm mistaken.

CCIP is correct, the aim / release point would be the middle of the group.

6 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

CCIP is correct, the aim / release point would be the middle of the group.

I'm not sure then what you mean by "group"? Are you referring to the group of bombs? Let's say you set QTY to 3, and interval to 500. You put the CCIP reticle on a tank and hold pickle. Should bomb #1 or bomb #2 hit the tank?

Edited by Bankler

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, Bankler said:

I'm not sure then what you mean by "group"? Are you referring to the group of bombs? Let's say you set QTY to 3, and interval to 500. You put the CCIP reticle on a tank and pickle. Should bomb #1 or bomb #2 hit the tank?

say you had a column of 5 vehicles, your aim point using CCIP would be vehicle 3 in the group if you are releasing QTY 3 or more.

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, Bankler said:

If you do that, in DCS (currently), your first bomb will hit vehicle 3. Is that correct or not?

In CCIP it should be vehicle 1 if you have the release quantity and interval set correctly. 
I will take a closer look at this soon, just dealing with newsletter tasks currently. 

thanks

1 minute ago, BIGNEWY said:

In CCIP it should be vehicle 1 if you have the release quantity and interval set correctly. 
I will take a closer look at this soon, just dealing with newsletter tasks currently. 

thanks

Ok, good, then we are on the same page. 👍 As described in the bug report above, and as showcased in the tracks I provided, that's not how it currently works.

• ED Team

Please add tracks with CCIP also, if possible use Caucasus terrain. 

thank you 

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team
6 hours ago, raus said:

@BIGNEWY are there any news regarding this? I saw it marked as investigating... is it at least acknowledged as a misbehavior already? Thanks!!

ive asked the team to check again. Thank you for the nudge 

• Like 1

• ED Team

Ok, lets clarify, the team have replied.

In CCIP and Auto when releasing more than pairs the aim / release point should be centre of the target group. 

I will review the tracks in my morning and check the behaviour.

thank you  

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Ok, lets clarify, the team have replied.

In CCIP and Auto when releasing more than pairs the aim / release point should be centre of the target group.

And to clarify your clarification 🤣, that means that 1/2 the released bombs should hit BEFORE your aim point and 1/2 AFTER?

• ED Team
Just now, rob10 said:

And to clarify your clarification 🤣, that means that 1/2 the released bombs should hit BEFORE your aim point and 1/2 AFTER?

yes that is my understanding. I will test it in the morning to be sure. 

• Like 1

• ED Team

I am making a report for the team to check internally it certainly seems to be incorrect at the moment. 

thank you for the reports and pings

• Like 2