1979 Government flight manual for F4E

Brigantine

Thank you!

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Government manuals.  Yeah.  RPM and SPM combined exceeded the takeoff weight of an F-4 and occupied about four lineal meters of shelf space.  The 'Red Book' probably weighed in at five hundred kilos, and we had to memorize that one.  The only thing I remember is 'THIS PAGE INTENTIONALLY BLANK'.  Somewhere there's a manual that talks about 'Faded Giants', though.  We did those drills about once a year (or two), and they were an absolute riot.

There's also an F-4C manual (T.O. 1F-4C-1 - Flight Manual - F-4C, F-4D & F-4E (01-10-1970)) that covers the F-4C, F-4D, and F-4E, along with the NATOPS F-4J if you dig for them.  Naturally not going to post links; I have copies in a folder dedicated to actual military manuals, some of which have cool information in them.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is it wrong I really want a physical copy of this?
nigh on impossible considering it's age and the fact that i'm in the UK. my printer is going to hate me.

• Like 1

"They say in the Air Force a landing's okay, if the pilot gets out and can still walk away,
but in the Fleet Air Arm the outlook is grim, if the landing's p*ss poor and the pilot can't swim."

1 hour ago, Melonfish said:

nigh on impossible considering it's age and the fact that i'm in the UK. my printer is going to hate me.

I'm willing to bet you can get it printed and bound for a relatively cheap price at a shop somewhere. That's what I definitely did not do with the books I found online when I was in college 🙃

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Melonfish said:

I love the feeling of paper books, but honestly a PDF version on a Tablet has a lot of advantages:

- I can read it late at night without external lights, not disturbing my significant other.

- I can search the text, to quickly find my interest subject.

- It remembers my page position between sessions ... a paper book marker can do that too, but on this case the tablet remembers the position for ALL the books on my library.

- I can copy book images easily, to place them onto my own notes.

- Wife has no obvious way of knowing how much I have spent on books, as the tablet is a constant bulk irrespective of how many books it contains  🙂  ... hiding paper books is much harder.

dn1Vzfl.jpg

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB