MP game crashes

Phantom711

Hello...

I experience game crashes very freequently and especially (but not necessarily only) during MP missions when others do not encounter any server issues or anything. For me the game basically freezes. Sometimes it recovers from this after a few seconds (30s maybe) sometimes not and sometimes I am dead by then. I thought the problem was gone since I did a DCS repair and also chose not to use Oculus Tray Tool anymore, but today it appeared again.

dcs.log.oldCarrier_Practice_2.3.3_day-20240204-175148.trk

Don`t know if the trackfile repliceates that as well.

My specs:

13700K/4090/64GB RAM DDR5

Quest Pro via cabled link

Thanks for your help

Edited by Phantom711

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

1 hour ago, Phantom711 said:

I experience game crashes very freequently and especially (but not necessarily only) during MP missions when others do not encounter any server issues or anything. For me the game basically freezes. Sometimes it recovers from this after a few seconds (30s maybe) sometimes not and sometimes I am dead by then. I thought the problem was gone since I did a DCS repair and also chose not to use Oculus Tray Tool anymore, but today it appeared again.

hello. the log file you provided does not show a crash. it shows "2024-02-04 17:02:44.506 INFO    APP (Main): application shutdown"

look in the folder LOGs where you got this and grab the newest ZIP that is named like this "dcs.log-20200927-183718.zip" with the date in the file name. also turn on extensions in explorer

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-enable-hidden-file-extensions-in-Windows.html

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Ok. Did another testflight. This time single player.

Supercarrier Launch mission with the F/A-18.

first time was a huge freeze-fest.dcs_freezes.logdebrief_freezes.log

Then after restarting DCS twice and also reinitiating Oculus link...flawless....at least the few minutes that I did. But I did pretty much the same as the first time.dcs_no problem.logdebrief_no problem.log

So what is the difference between the first and second attempt?

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

dcs05Feb.logdebrief05Feb.log

It happend again this session. MP first and then SP...don`t know if they are both in the respective logs, but I think so. Please if someone could check my logs again...right before the end...that`s where I had massive freezes and I start to believe, it has to do with the Supercarrier Module.

What would be the procedure to uninstall and reinstall the SC again? If I click the trashcan in the modules section, would it then reappear as available DLC...I mean...I guess so...

EDIT: Uninstalled/Reinstalled SC. Next flight was without problems. But we‘ll see…

Edited by Phantom711

image.png

5 hours ago, Phantom711 said:

dcs05Feb.log 171.18 kB · 3 downloads debrief05Feb.log 4.51 kB · 0 downloads

It happend again this session. MP first and then SP...don`t know if they are both in the respective logs, but I think so. Please if someone could check my logs again...right before the end...that`s where I had massive freezes and I start to believe, it has to do with the Supercarrier Module.

What would be the procedure to uninstall and reinstall the SC again? If I click the trashcan in the modules section, would it then reappear as available DLC...I mean...I guess so...

EDIT: Uninstalled/Reinstalled SC. Next flight was without problems. But we‘ll see…

neither log really shows anything useful about freezing. SC could be causing an issue i suppose.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain