Black Shark in Canada?

Geeze, man... cut ED some slack! They're doing their best to get a great product to us. I'm a Canadian too and yes, I'm disappointed that the boxed version is not available to us yet, but be patient. ED has gone to great lengths to get the game to us and it's only a download away if you're really eager to try it.

IMHO the amount of detail that's gone into this sim is extrordinary and even though I bought both the Russian download version and the English download versions on their release - I'll be getting a boxed version as soon as I see one. Why? Because this sim is just that great and it will get even better! ED deserves our support. If you're going to stop buying their products just because you can't get a boxed copy right now, this very second, then I'm affraid you're going to miss out on the best simulators that have ever been developed and will ever be developed for years to come.

I truely feel sorry for you, for missing out on this great sim... :(

-Mack

Read the comments above before posting - the people in this thread want a disc, not a digital download.

Read people's comments yourself, too. Especially if you are going to respond to them with an attitude.

He wasn't saying "bah just get the digital distro you numpty".

He was asking a question. And I must confess to being equally confounded. As mentioned elsewhere, I can see the objective of having archival abilities, but you have that with the digital distro as well - just put it on a backup drive or burn it to a disc. Or 200 discs. So therefore it becomes quite confusing to see people so adamantly opposed to it. This distro isn't like Steam where you have to trust the server to alway be there - you get the install files and they'll work no matter where you store them. AND the disc version, from my understanding, works identically to the digital download. From what I've understood, there's no disc check, nothing like that, it's just a disc that stores the install files and such stuff. (If I am wrong, please correct me.)

Now, if you're on a pay-by-the-minute dialup connection, then it's definitely understandable since the phone cost would at least equal the cost of the product, but I haven't seen that argument posted so far.

So it's just a question because some of us really don't understand why.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I paid $49.99 US when the Canadian dollar was at parody when English BS first became available.

Downloaded and burned onto a DVD...printed a nice label for it..BAM

Maybe I'm new school and don't like clutter, but paying extra or waiting so long for a disk seems a little elaborate when it's 100% the exact same product.

Perhaps my desire to fly Black Shark as soon as it was readily available is the same as some people's desire for a disk ;).

Anyway, no offense to you guys ... just don't see what all the fuss and muss is about :)

:thumbup:

Because I want it...that's why.

I have the Russian download, so I dont mind waiting for the disc to show up in stores, but would rather have it today than tomorrow.

Please stop bumping this thread with silly banter people, its starting to remind me of a grade-school battle of wits!

On topic please!!

I paid $49.99 US when the Canadian dollar was at parody when English BS first became available.

I don't mean to be nitpicky, but did you mean "parity"? I can definitely see currencies being at parody sometimes - the SEK and dollar was a parody a while ago when we could basically get a 50-60 percent discount on some stuff (including international postage) if we ordered from the US in dollars. That was awesome. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• ED Team

Take2 Distribution is the distributor for North America and they have sold to chains which have Canadian distribution. We are trying to find out why there is a delay getting the boxes into Canada. Also note that the French version of Black Shark is being distributed also in Canada, through Micro Apllications.

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

I don't mean to be nitpicky, but did you mean "parity"? I can definitely see currencies being at parody sometimes - the SEK and dollar was a parody a while ago when we could basically get a 50-60 percent discount on some stuff (including international postage) if we ordered from the US in dollars. That was awesome. :D

lol yeah parity! Ops! Thanks

Seriously nitpicky is good!:thumbup:

• ED Team

Hi guys,

I spoke with our North American distributer today and was informed that the game has shipped on London Drugs stores in Canada. They are also working on other retail outlets. As I learn of these, I will let you know.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi guys,

I spoke with our North American distributer today and was informed that the game has shipped on London Drugs stores in Canada. They are also working on other retail outlets. As I learn of these, I will let you know.

Thanks,

Matt

good stuff .

thanks for the update .

:thumbup::thumbup:

cheers from here .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys,

Thanks,

Matt

Sorry, but that made me laugh........... the scenario being:

<<<< goes to the drug store to get some headache tablets and something for my cold, and OH, can I have a helicopter flight sim too :)

Cooler Master "Sniper" case, ASUS 6PT, Intel i7 920 2.66GHz,8MB Cache,4.8GT/s, 16GB SAMSUNG DDR3 1333, Sapphire 6950 frex 2gb, NZXT Precise 850W, SAMSUNG Blu-Ray Re-Writer Super Format drive, SAMSUNG 1TB x2 SATA2 7200rpm/32mb, HP 24'' w2408H @1900x1200, Windows7

My apologies for being so blunt in my previous posts. Thanks ED and TFC for providing feedback on what is going on. I as Canadian just felt that we where neglected. I jump the gun sort off. For that I do officially apologizes.

Regards,

Moose

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

I do have a concern about the Micro Applications distributions; ok Black Shark is available in French. But the price are in "euro" only, that I can see, they don’t have offices in Quebec?…

Do I have the correct website? http://www.microapp.com/jeu_dcs_black_shark_2131.html

It also shows that you can’t buy it, showing it in production or re production to be translated more precisely…

If the head office is in France, shipping & handling, it will be costly for anyone from Québec trying to get hands on the dvd….Basically not a real distributor in north America…

Can you shed some light? Maybe I have the wrong URL… maybe, hopefully….

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Kind of odd, never seen a Drug store sale any software. I have to admit that is weird... I have never seen a London Drugs stores in the Ottawa Region as well, mind you. I never looked for it...

I’m getting the impression, that someone is playing, not legit in there intent of distributing in Canada. Weird feeling mind you… Maybe not ED but someone else... It's just feel weird....

I have 3 LondonDrug stores within 1hour of where i live, and they all sell software. http://www.londondrugs.com/Cultures/en-US/Categories/Electronics/default.htm?BreadCrumbs=Electronics;Electronics&Catalog=Electronics&Sort=0&Page=1

Will check for myself if they are getting any stock; tomorrow.

This is funny, I was searching all over Abbotsford BC in January of this year to see what store would be selling DCS. I went to EB first thinking that they would be selling it for sure. They had never heard of it, and it looked like they weren't even selling pc games any more. I then went to the next obvious choice, Future Shop. The guy I talked to in there had never heard of it either. Got into a discussion with him about it and told him that they should definitely bring this game in, but it seemed to fall on deaf shoulders. I then thought that maybe London Drugs (just on an off chance) might carry it. They were in the same plaza as future shop so I thought I'd give it a try. I got into a very lengthy discussion with the manager in the software section telling him about this game and that they should bring it in. He sounded very interested in it and was very much into simulations himself. I showed him the website and he started really looking into whether London Drugs would be bringing it in. He really showed a lot of interest in it. I thought to myself, yeah right, london drugs isn't going to bring this sim in if no one else seems to be bringing it in. And now here we are, London Drugs comes to the rescue. ROFL :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Call Sign: Warhammer

From londondrugs.com :

"There are 69 London Drugs retail stores situated across British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba."

Sorry parts east (and north) - no London Drugs near you.

They have sold computers, parts, software, printing supplies, networking equipment and a raft of other computer-related things in their in-store computer shops for years. I have bought stuff from them several times, including some good game and simulation software.

I have been calling some of the LDs around Edmonton but nothing so far. Please report any retail Canadian sightings in this thread!

/me can't wait!!!

From londondrugs.com :

Sorry parts east (and north) - no London Drugs near you...

That explains why I never heard of them… I was thinking a pharmacy LOL, telling myself, why the heck would they be selling software.:doh:

Now i'm wondering why they are not going through either EB games or Futureshop.ca as distributor stores. With them at least they would have, known continent coverage, the best exposure, meaning more money for them...

• Like 1

I have good news for some of you. I was just in the Abbotsford Future shop today and I asked them about whether they would be getting DCS Black Shark. I saw him look it up in the system and he said that they are on order but they haven't recieved any yet. I saw it on the computer as getting 9 copies. He said they wouldn't necessarily be coming to that particular store though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Call Sign: Warhammer