30m added to waypoint altitude on copied group

itn

I believe this is the same or at least related to this:

Using DCS 2.9.2.49940.

When copying a group with AGL waypoints in it, MSL waypoints get additional 30m (~98ft) added to them.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Add group with an AGL waypoint or two, and MSL waypoint.
2. Copy-paste the group in place, so the waypoints line up
3. See the copied group's last (MSL) waypoint, which is now 30 meters (~98 ft) higher than the original.

In addition, even in the original group, editing the last waypoint from AGL to MSL is weird and it won't save the new altitude until you first switch it to MSL, then switch selected waypoint to other and back, then enter the new altitude (now in MSL). Without switching waypoint there and back, it won't allow you to change it.

Attached is a sample miz where I copied the group. See Aerial-2's last waypoint.

ME-AGL-MSL-add30m.miz

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

This was reported in July. No answer so far.

Not the same bug per description, even though similar and maybe same root cause. Maybe that ”minimum 30m AGL” in the other thread is not even considered a bug.

My report is about a MSL waypoint having +30m added on group copy. Because ”0 AGL” is not possible, I have to enter target waypoint in MSL. Now if I copy the group, and happen to have AGL waypoints on route, the MSL waypoint gets +30m. 

And to be accurate, the one you linked was reported in January 2019.

The problem you linked to was fixed in 2021.

Now, for the issue you're having, I'm able to reproduce it, and it looks like a side effect of the problem I linked to. I'll edit the internal report to mention this problem.

• Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.