TGT waypoint and ST points

Iceviper

Having a strange issue. Trying to create a mission with a pre planned building as the Target. I'm placing a waypoint at the centre of the target at ground level and have also tried placing an ST point in the centre of the building however when queing the target with the lantirn pod the crosshairs are always off to the side of the building instead of the centre and thus requiring a manual adjustment. What am I missing? I dont think its a magvar issue as its happening on various maps and the target is always offset to the side.

Is there an alignment that needs to be done for the pod or is there a bug or something else? I didnt want to report it as a bug in case its user error. Any help appreciated. 

The coords in the Tomcat have only one digit for seconds thus can not be very precise. You can have it right on the spot in ME but after entering the WP into the Tomcat computer it is where it lands. That's theory because I don't go back seat.

• Like 3

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I am a backseater and can back up the low “resolution” of the ins is whats doing it. 

No big deal with a back seater, but not 100% hands off with jester. Welcome to flying with histories FIRST Integrated Circuit computers. You need tenths of a second to perfectly put a bomb down a smoke stack without having to manually target.  The Target pod can do it, but the Tomcat can’t tell it to.

Edited by RustBelt