Hello dear flight enthusiasts,

I am posting / linking the ASENA mission here. For feedback - improvements, general suggestions etc. . 

The goal was to create a relatively simple mission - which entertains through voiceovers - and requires spotting with the TGP.

The mission should offer beginners a causal start and give a rough feeling for CAS missions.

It is a close air support mission. A JTAC provides various information to you so that you can support the to ground forces. TGP & GBU-12 are in focus.

I thought about processing complete 9liners - but this seemed too overwhelming for beginners, even if you only listen to them via audio. That's why I simplified it.

No scripts or mods. Triggers, flags and voiceovers were used.

If one or the other has any feedback. Thank you very much.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3335476/

asena.jpg

Edited by DonLuicia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the mission @DonLuicia, I enjoyed it.

Good for beginners, yet still interesting and immersive enough for veterans.

Few points of (constructive) feedback if you don't mind:

• Even though I hardly (I even think not at all) used my afterburner during the entire mission, my silly AI wingman did the infamous "two bingo fuel"-"two ejecting". Perhaps you might want to consider forcing him to not use AB, or just give him ext tanks. 
  • Maybe add some more air traffic at Incirlik AB, during take-off and landing, to make it a bit more alive.
  • Just an idea: You could also add a radio F10 "hard difficulty" option and have it spawn some MANPADS near the target area (although I'm thinking now, most probably the player would fly too high for them to launch)

Anyway, thanks for your work!

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Posted (edited)
Am 30.5.2024 um 22:29 schrieb sirrah:

Thanks for the mission @DonLuicia, I enjoyed it.

Good for beginners, yet still interesting and immersive enough for veterans.

Few points of (constructive) feedback if you don't mind:

• Even though I hardly (I even think not at all) used my afterburner during the entire mission, my silly AI wingman did the infamous "two bingo fuel"-"two ejecting". Perhaps you might want to consider forcing him to not use AB, or just give him ext tanks. 
  • Maybe add some more air traffic at Incirlik AB, during take-off and landing, to make it a bit more alive.
  • Just an idea: You could also add a radio F10 "hard difficulty" option and have it spawn some MANPADS near the target area (although I'm thinking now, most probably the player would fly too high for them to launch)

Anyway, thanks for your work!

Thank you for your feedback. It should be easy to add the option to spawn some manpads to increase the difficulty if needed. I haven't thought about disallowing the AB yet. This should also easy to implement. The airbase could be designed nicer and more lively, especially with the recent numerous new ground elements added to DCS.

I am pleased that you find the mission suitable for beginners. That was important to me. 

When I get back to working in the mission editor, I'll be sure to adjust this mission.

Edited by DonLuicia
  • Like 1