Advice on hotas

Madman3353

Hello all I’m just getting into DCS(VR) and looking for some guidance on Hotas recommendations. I am looking at the winwing orion2 with the f15ex throttle. I figured the extra buttons would help with different planes. The stick is where I need advice. I will be starting with the F16. Then moving to the F15 since both of those are my favorite planes. That being said should I purchase the f16 stick or the f18/f15 stick? Which one is more versatile to be used with other planes? I will move on to the F18 plane but unsure how long it will take me to learn the F16 and F15. Eventually I will have multiple planes before having multiple sticks so not sure again which one would translate better for multiple plane setups. Thank you in advance

Edited by Madman3353
Spelling error

I agree. I  just bought the WW with F-15EX throttle grip and F-16 stick grip. It's good for the the A-10C, F-15, F-16, and F/A-18. It's always better to have too many buttons, sliders, and switches than not enough.

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

• 3 weeks later...

An alternative would be to go for the VKB Gunfighter base and Ultimate grip which has move on stick axis and buttons and has modular / removable axis switches (5 way and X-Y+push). Check it out. Very nice quality also.

I use VKB for stick and Winwing for Throttle. You can use both together without compatibility problems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]