Very Odd Controls Issue

Lately I have been seeing something VERY ODD. I have the CORRECT PTT/Call Radio Menu comms button set on my HOTAS (the one that brings up COMM1 or COMM2 for AI comms...  RALT-\, RCTRL-\  for the F/A-18, e.g.

Everything works perfectly.  In Multiplayer, if I get shot down and spawn into another aircraft (either the same one I was flying as a RESPAWN or a totally different available CLIENT)  My HOTAS COMM1 and COMM2 buttons don't work any more.

- I can go to ADJUST CONTROLS and verify that the bindings are good (Using the HOTAS control highlights the appropriate commands)

- I can use the keyboard equivalent in game and it brings up the menus perfectly.

- FOR SOME REASON,  JUST THE HOTAS controls just no longer function in game. 

- EVERY OTHER HOTAS CONTROL WORKS PERFECTLY AS FAR AS I CAN TELL.

WINWING ORION2 Throttle with F-15EX grips + WINWING ORION 1 F/A-18 stick.  The comm switches I use are on the THROTTLE.

I did a REPAIR and nothing changed.  As far as I can tell it ONLY happens in MP under the conditions described.

Edited by Recluse

2 hours ago, Recluse said:

Lately I have been seeing something VERY ODD. I have the CORRECT PTT/Call Radio Menu comms button set on my HOTAS (the one that brings up COMM1 or COMM2 for AI comms...  RALT-\, RCTRL-\  for the F/A-18, e.g.

Everything works perfectly.  In Multiplayer, if I get shot down and spawn into another aircraft (either the same one I was flying as a RESPAWN or a totally different available CLIENT)  My HOTAS COMM1 and COMM2 buttons don't work any more.

- I can go to ADJUST CONTROLS and verify that the bindings are good (Using the HOTAS control highlights the appropriate commands)

- I can use the keyboard equivalent in game and it brings up the menus perfectly.

- FOR SOME REASON,  JUST THE HOTAS controls just no longer function in game. 

- EVERY OTHER HOTAS CONTROL WORKS PERFECTLY AS FAR AS I CAN TELL.

WINWING ORION2 Throttle with F-15EX grips + WINWING ORION 1 F/A-18 stick.  The comm switches I use are on the THROTTLE.

I did a REPAIR and nothing changed.  As far as I can tell it ONLY happens in MP under the conditions described.

hello. this is going to sound dumb and likely not the issue. but are you in GAME mode or SIM mode?

another idea. since you have winwing, is there any winwing software running? could be that too. 

weird issue either way.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

DEFINITELY SIM MODE.  The issue is when I first jump into a plane, ANY PLANE it all works perfectly. It is only after I get shot down (or maybe ANYTIME I SWITCH CLIENT AIRCRAFT...haven't checked) it stops working. So no issues up until the aircraft switch. And, as mentioned, if I go into the CONTROLS SCREEN, even when it stops working in game,  it all shows that it works there. SIMAPPRO is probably running in the background, but shouldn't matter as this is the way I have always flown. I will try shutting it down completely next time.

16 minutes ago, Recluse said:

DEFINITELY SIM MODE.  The issue is when I first jump into a plane, ANY PLANE it all works perfectly. It is only after I get shot down (or maybe ANYTIME I SWITCH CLIENT AIRCRAFT...haven't checked) it stops working. So no issues up until the aircraft switch. And, as mentioned, if I go into the CONTROLS SCREEN, even when it stops working in game,  it all shows that it works there. SIMAPPRO is probably running in the background, but shouldn't matter as this is the way I have always flown. I will try shutting it down completely next time.

roger. next time it happens upload the DCS.LOG from that session. maybe some clues.

another thing i noticed. for some reason the date / time code on some folders / files in the CONFIG folder get changed. even when i did not change anything myself. for kicks, check to see if your system does this when the issue happens.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain