Advice on maintaining keybinds

LindaBrownie

Hi all,

I'm planning on getting a new PC soon, I haven't found any solid guidance on transferring my keybinds from my old PC to my new one the easiest way.

Do I have to save each input profile and transfer them over then load them individiually?

Or can I simply transfer over my "Config" and "InputUserProfiles" and then not have to load up each profile individually (This i'm hoping for because I'm lazy).

Thanks for any help!

Make a backup of your Saved Games directory.

Start DCS on your new system. That will create a new Saved Games directory. Then you can copy the backup to your new system and you'll have all your key binds as before.

That will probably not work for stick/throttle inputs/axis.
Windows will create new device numbers for your connected devices.
If you copy the old ones over, the old device numbers will not be recognized.

Solution is to rename the devices and replace the old device numbers with the new ones that Windows created, then delete the newly created devices.

It's the number between the { } like in: Thrustmaster Combined DX128 {1C96BA10-A7EA-11ee-8002-444553540000}.diff.lua

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

On 2/26/2024 at 8:36 AM, Lange_666 said:

That will probably not work for stick/throttle inputs/axis.
Windows will create new device numbers for your connected devices.
If you copy the old ones over, the old device numbers will not be recognized.

Solution is to rename the devices and replace the old device numbers with the new ones that Windows created, then delete the newly created devices.

It's the number between the { } like in: Thrustmaster Combined DX128 {1C96BA10-A7EA-11ee-8002-444553540000}.diff.lua

Having gone through this recently I can tell you that this is (almost) the solution. But by "rename the devices" I think that @Lange_666 really meant to rename the *.diff.lua files in your backup (or a copy of your backup) before you copy them into the active Saved Games folder. It's possible to write a *.cmd file script that will automate the editing of the filenames, which saves a lot of time if you have many modules.

But there is another step if you use joystick device buttons as modifiers. Then you need to edit the modifiers.lua file in each input folder to edit the device names to match the new device numbers that Windows assigned. Unfortunately, there is a separate modifiers.lua file for each module. And since you need to edit the file, not the file name, this is harder to automate via a command script.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

saved games/open beta/config/ input is where the file for each acft is located

save the file and when you update, paste the file into that location

I9-9900k, 32MB, RTX2070S, 2560x1440 165hz monitor, track IR, Grass Monkey wireless Puck, Virpil T50-CM3,  Winwing Superlibra stick with Hornet and Viper grip, Winwing Orion2 with Hornet, and F15E grip, Winwing PTO, home made 2060 mounts,  Virpill ACE interceptor pedals