Feedback Thread Viggen Patch Feb 22nd 2024

IronMike

Hello,

I've enjoyed checking the Viggen update, and I'm just glad that Heatblur keeps investing resources on this module 🙏   

The attached document is basically the changelog, but with pictures illustrating most changes, so that users that have not updated yet can see how the elements will look after the patch:

2024-Feb-22 Update.pdf

Edited by Rudel_chw
Document updated to cater for @myse1234 comments.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Remember that we don't know anything whatsoever about the settings they had on the radar in those movies. Brightness, gain, LOG/LIN, filters etc. For all we know - or rather really should assume - they could have used poor settings rather than literally show the entire world our top of the line AJS37 radar capabilities in a public movie.

Edited by Aenonar
  • Like 1

I just realised something... the DDD radar display on the RIO seat on board the F-14 actually has a really close color resemblance of the Viggen's old radar scope. 

Heatblur, just copy the code and give us a hot fix already. 😆 image.png

Edited by VikingSail
  • Like 1

FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT: PART 2

Just for clarification. Here we clearly see that DCS World core changes disrupted the Viggen artwork.
Initially the RWR lights was in fact yellow.

At launch

rwr2017.jpg

After DCS World updates

rwrupdated.jpg

Problem still remains. How do we know exactly what the screen looked like IRL? It's kind of difficult to know unless cross-referencing other green phosphor monitors of that time period. But if a former Viggen pilot ain't happy with the new iteration, it certainly needs some investigating.

I found an old thread from 2018 where Cobra mentions fixing the green color because the tonemapper has changed.

Edited by Schmidtfire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Am 26.2.2024 um 21:36 schrieb Schmidtfire:

FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT: PART 2

Just for clarification. Here we clearly see that DCS World core changes disrupted the Viggen artwork.
Initially the RWR lights was in fact yellow.

At launch

rwr2017.jpg

After DCS World updates

rwrupdated.jpg

Problem still remains. How do we know exactly what the screen looked like IRL? It's kind of difficult to know unless cross-referencing other green phosphor monitors of that time period. But if a former Viggen pilot ain't happy with the new iteration, it certainly needs some investigating.

I found an old thread from 2018 where Cobra mentions fixing the green color because the tonemapper has changed.

that radar scope at launch and how it illuminates the surroundings with its glowing jade-like light. so sexy!

• Like 2