Comms menu scroll/select stops working during flight

Very long track, showing the comms menu scroll/select working at ramp start, then after landing when I park and go to place chocks it is no longer responding. Double checked binds and the menu responds to my inputs, but the in-game menu does not.

I have not narrowed down whether this is triggered by duration of flight, or triggered by landing event.

Track: https://we.tl/t-BOAH47iPGm

Do you mean the binds like "Command Menu Next Item", "Command Menu Previous Item" and "Command Menu Select Item"? That was introduced in October 2023?

These are set-up under "Command Menu" in the controls option, you can also now rebind the F1-F12 options (which is fantastic), is this what you mean?

If so I have the exact same issue, but I literally only can have it work once. Then it doesn't work until mission restart, or going into the control option and clicking ok resets it as well.

Is this isn't what you mean I'll make a thread, but hopefully it is! I posted about it in October or so, really hope it will get resolved!

6 hours ago, Nealius said:

Very long track, showing the comms menu scroll/select working at ramp start, then after landing when I park and go to place chocks it is no longer responding. Double checked binds and the menu responds to my inputs, but the in-game menu does not.

I have not narrowed down whether this is triggered by duration of flight, or triggered by landing event.

Track: https://we.tl/t-BOAH47iPGm

A quick question Nealius, if you are referring to what I post above, are you using a modifier for the comms menu scroll binds I mention?

@StolenPen Yes, same behavior now that I reproduced in the Hornet as well. It works the first time but refuses to work after, and yes I do use a modifier. With limited HOTAS functions and the complexity of all our modules it's impossible to NOT use a modifier for such tertiary functions. At the same time, modifier works fine for other commands like VR zoom, ball call, tanker pre-contact, etc. Not sure why the modifier would cause a problem with the comms menu only.

Edited by Nealius

22 minutes ago, Nealius said:

@StolenPen Yes, same behavior now that I reproduced in the Hornet as well. It works the first time but refuses to work after, and yes I do use a modifier. With limited HOTAS functions and the complexity of all our modules it's impossible to NOT use a modifier for such tertiary functions. At the same time, modifier works fine for other commands like VR zoom, ball call, tanker pre-contact, etc. Not sure why the modifier would cause a problem with the comms menu only.

Great we're talking about the same thing and have the exact same issue. I have this issue and use modifiers, I also have the same for the F1-F12 rebind, works once then not again when using modifier. So it is clearly somehow broken by using a modifier. Just like you I can't bind these anywhere else and it clearly should be fixed to work with modifier, and hopefully can be simply.

Hopefully this gets reviewed and resolved but I tested it earlier and discussed with others with the same issue and it does seem likely down to the modifier.