Stuttering in DCS 2.9.3.51704

Go to solution Solved by TBear,

Hallo everybody,

since latest patch DCS 2.9.3.51704  , I'm  experiencing a continous micro stuttering that was not current before. I tryed different settings, but is always there both with all put to maximum or to minimum and regardless any scenery (tryed both Syria and Caucasus with same number of objects inside. I use standard x4 anti aliasing. I attach my pc specs and my usual video settings.

thank You in advance for any kind of help.DCS_2024.02.25-13.13.png

unknown_2024.02.25-13.17.png

DCS_2024.02.25-13.38.png

Sistema.bmp

Edited by TBear

Try this:

1. Browse to "Saved Games/DCS..."
  2. Rename your Scripts folder to Scripts.bak
  3. Run DCS and see if the issue persists.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• Solution

Yes ! 
It worked! No more stutters. Thank You very much !

But what happen now with those scripts?

P.S.
Here are the results...never had those performance in 10 years of flying DCS. 60 (Vsinc) rock stable FPS with 0 stuttering using DCS liberation.

DCS_2024.02.25-16.59.png

DCS_2024.02.25-17.02.png

Edited by TBear

31 minutes ago, TBear said:

Yes ! 
It worked! No more stutters. Thank You very much !

But what happen now with those scripts?

Great!

I vet this is caused by a script conflict, possibly involving WinWing scripts.

Please attach the Export.lua file found in your Scripts.bak folder (FYI, the Scripts folder contains external scripts, not ED's).

• Like 1

WinWings scripts in the export.lua always caused performance issues on my system (when I first used WW)…  Unless anyone really NEEDS simappro, best to scrap it and delete the lines in the export.lua 😂

• Like 1

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

6 hours ago, MadKreator said:

WinWings scripts in the export.lua always caused performance issues on my system (when I first used WW)…  Unless anyone really NEEDS simappro, best to scrap it and delete the lines in the export.lua 😂

I don't completely disagree with that sentiment, but if you want light syncing you need it.  And depending how long ago you were using it, it really has come a long way in terms of performance hit since the early days, so I would definitely at least try it and see how it works on your system.  The other thing that can make a difference is the order of things in the export.lua.  Preferred order (if you have them) would be:

TacView

WinWing

SRS

8 hours ago, rob10 said:

I don't completely disagree with that sentiment, but if you want light syncing you need it.  And depending how long ago you were using it, it really has come a long way in terms of performance hit since the early days, so I would definitely at least try it and see how it works on your system.  The other thing that can make a difference is the order of things in the export.lua.  Preferred order (if you have them) would be:

TacView

WinWing

SRS

It’s been a while now (3+ years).  All I had was the original Orion F-18 throttle (currently VKB STECS) so light syncing didn’t bug me. It’s not like it was the worst thing ever but I did notice performance benefits after even just commenting it. However I wouldn’t have deemed it “unplayable” by any means. Glad to hear they’ve optimized it since then! I do like WinWing equipment. These days Helios is priority for me. It gets the number one spot in the export.lua always 😂 I think it’s to be expected that any sort of pilings up of programs in the export.lua will need some tuning on most systems. Helios can be a massive resource hog itself. I’ve been lucky and it runs well for me but I’ve seen many users struggle to get the performance they want. I would imagine it’s the same with WW,  Tacview, DCS-UFC, DCS-BIOS, Streamdeck etc. Anything that is really pushing a lot of information back and forth.

Edited by MadKreator
  • Like 1

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

On 2/25/2024 at 5:19 PM, Flappie said:

Great!

I vet this is caused by a script conflict, possibly involving WinWing scripts.

Please attach the Export.lua file found in your Scripts.bak folder (FYI, the Scripts folder contains external scripts, not ED's).

Here It is 🙂

Export.lua

WinWing is not involved this time (no "wwt" in the Export.lua) :

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

local TheWayLfs=require('lfs'); dofile(TheWayLfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TheWay.lua')

You can try this:

1. Rename "Scripts.bak" to "Scripts".
  2. Edit your Export.lua.
  3. and comment the first line (SRS) by prefixing it with two dashes.
  4. Check DCS performance. If it's still laggy, uncomment the SRS line and comment the second line.
  5. And so on... until you find the culprit.
  6. When the culprit is found, move the line to the bottom of the file then uncomment it, and check if it fixes your performance issue.

The example below disables the SRS call:

--local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

local TheWayLfs=require('lfs'); dofile(TheWayLfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TheWay.lua')

And don't forget to update these mods. TheWay got updated a few days ago, for instance.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Try changing the "_winwing.interval=" value (line #19) in wwtExport.lua to something higher from what it is originally on. Make sure to do it in \SimAppPro\resources\app.asar.unpacked\Events\wwt\wwtExport.lua as well or the changes will get overwritten on the next start of SimAppPro.

That changed helped for me to significantly reduce stutter. The refresh rate of SimAppPro simply was too high (and isn't needed).