TrackIR keeps putting my head in my lap

sthompson

Pretty sure this is a TrackIR problem since I've turned off G effects and Head movement by G effects in the DCS settings. The issue is that when dogfighting and doing a lot of looking up and back to keep my eyes on the bogey my virtual head seems to sink into the seat. When I look forward I get the view below. This screenshot was taken from the A-4E community mod, but I have the same problem in official modules. If I try to reproduce the view with TrackIR paused I find that my virtual head position is somewhere just north of my virtual navel. I'm using a hat tracker in case that matters. I'm wondering if anyone knows a fix.

Screen_240226_224325.jpg

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

6 hours ago, Scott-S6 said:

Where is your camera relative to you? Can we get a side shot of your setup with seat and camera visible?

I'd rather not do that. However the camera is mounted at the top and center of my 27 inch monitor, and level with the hatclip when I'm sitting in normal position. The distance from front of hatclip to camera is also about 27 inches.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Hmm, that‘s very unusual. 

The camera position and kind of head mounted device is irrelevant though. (that would only lead to loss of tracking - not a permanent and accumulating offset)

Have you checked the mirror in the TrackIR software itself? Does it show the same offset? If it doesn’t, its not TrackIR issue. If it does, it is.

Have you changed anything to the axis assignments of trackIR inside of DCS? Have you setup a re-center key for TrackIR (in the TrackIR software, not talking about the DCS camera!) and does it reset the camera position properly or is the offset persistent when used?

Check the axis assignments in DCS if there is any kind of doublebinding for the headtracking, even though that shouldn’t be possible afaik.

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"