Network activity while running DCS server

Here lately I've been getting big lag spikes while running my server causing the entire mission to freeze. I decided to see if it was my network, so i looked at the Network Resources page and saw this. I have attached an image. Is this normal? Should I see all these addresses?

Untitled.jpg

Well you have to ask yourself when you had the server online was there other users connected to your server?, you do know that is how it works not sure about your lag but having network activity while having a server running is normal especilly if you have clients connected..

Perhaps your ISP service is not good enough to host what is your DL/UL speed??

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

On 2/28/2024 at 4:12 AM, Sulfa said:

No one is connected, the connection is fast enough, and this just recently started.

• How you can notice lag spike if no one is connected?
  • fast enough is not an actual bandwidth unit of measure as far as I know.

BTW when you host a server, you have a public port open on internet, so your server it can be even the target of DDOS attack or just scans.

And last but not least, is that a W11 machine? Consumer Windows edition has TCP/IP limits.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

When you host a public server it get added to the list , every time someone goes to the MP server screen they will get the list of servers from ED and then ........ ping them to work out the ping for each server from their location, that is what you are seeing

Edited by HC_Official
  • Like 1

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

On 3/2/2024 at 2:37 AM, HC_Official said:

When you host a public server it get added to the list , every time someone goes to the MP server screen they will get the list of servers from ED and then ........ ping them to work out the ping for each server from their location, that is what you are seeing

Perfect! Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for.