F-14 and F-14B Controls in DCS World Options

Rango

Hi all F-14 experts, 

may be my question is way to stupid for this forum, but I got a little bit lost in this 'F-14 version thing'. 
Some tutorial videos dealing with the setup of control bindings (in area 'options' of DCS) show a menu item 'F-14B'. 
But if I check the controls menu in my DCS installation there are only the items 'F-14 Pilot' and 'F-14 RIO'. No 'B' version available at all.
So what is the matter with this  F-14A and F-14B thing? Is my DCS setup messed or okay? Will the settings for 'F-14 Pilot' and 'F-14 RIO' work for F-14A as well as for F-14B? Is there a choice which version to fly when I choose F-14 for flying later on? I would really appreciate if you could explain the structure of this 'F-14 version settings'. 
Many thanks in advance for your support.

Best regards from Germany

Uwe aka Rango

Hi all F-14 experts, 
may be my question is way to stupid for this forum, but I got a little bit lost in this 'F-14 version thing'. 
Some tutorial videos dealing with the setup of control bindings (in area 'options' of DCS) show a menu item 'F-14B'. 
But if I check the controls menu in my DCS installation there are only the items 'F-14 Pilot' and 'F-14 RIO'. No 'B' version available at all.
So what is the matter with this  F-14A and F-14B thing? Is my DCS setup messed or okay? Will the settings for 'F-14 Pilot' and 'F-14 RIO' work for F-14A as well as for F-14B? Is there a choice which version to fly when I choose F-14 for flying later on? I would really appreciate if you could explain the structure of this 'F-14 version settings'. 
Many thanks in advance for your support.
Best regards from Germany
Uwe aka Rango
A and B uses same settings.
Cheers?

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 8:49 PM, Rango said:

So what is the matter with this  F-14A and F-14B thing? Is my DCS setup messed or okay? Will the settings for 'F-14 Pilot' and 'F-14 RIO' work for F-14A as well as for F-14B? Is there a choice which version to fly when I choose F-14 for flying later on?

It's an old video probably, because there used to be a distinction in the controls but now both A and B use the same controls, your DCS is fine.

When you choose a mission there should be some info on which version you'll fly. You can select any of the two in Mission Editor: either "F-14B" or "F-14A-135-GR". "F-14A" is an old AI model.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria