Master Arm button mapping

Has anyone managed to map the master arm button, it doesn't matter what button I map it to on my Virpil CM3 throttle or any of my button boxes, it flips up and then straight back down, I can only click it up with the mouse and it then stays up.

Has anyone managed to map the master arm button, it doesn't matter what button I map it to on my Virpil CM3 throttle or any of my button boxes, it flips up and then straight back down, I can only click it up with the mouse and it then stays up.
It's not supposed to be mapped to a button, but a two position, (on-off), switch. That's why it releases when you release the button. Isn't there a toggle? I'll check, but if there isn't, you need to code some Lua, or make a wish. Or rather just use a switch.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

Isn't there the possibility of mapping that button to a "H" / "Hold" position?. Talking about the old Cougar and Foxy. There I have the choice between just flipping the button and placing H in front of the mapping to stay in the chosen position. Together with toggle, it's perfect.

WIN10-Pro., ASUS ROG Z390-E, INTEL Core i7-970K, RTX 2080Ti, 64GB RAM, ACER Predator XB271HU 2560 x 1440 144Hz, DCS Open Beta: SSD970 EVO Plus 1TB, DCS Stable: SSD 870 EVO 1TB

Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar (U2nxt) / Foxy, Simpeds , TrackIR 5

I cant map it to two position either on/off, it just flicks up and comes back down, my Virpil has on/off buttons
I'll double check my bindings. It did work on the previous version.

Isn't there the possibility of mapping that button to a "H" / "Hold" position?. Talking about the old Cougar and Foxy. There I have the choice between just flipping the button and placing H in front of the mapping to stay in the chosen position. Together with toggle, it's perfect.
Should absolutely not be necessary to use a 3rd party software. That's ridiculous, when it should work out of the box. But I do see your point for workarounds.

26 minutes ago, Hotdognz said:

I cant map it to two position either on/off, it just flicks up and comes back down, my Virpil has on/off buttons

This works fine. Red is for an on/off switch, Yellow is for a momentary button.
Don't mix, or you might have the switch synced to the wrong position. 😉
Cheers!

image.png

Edited by MAXsenna
added text

19 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Cheers!

image.png

Thanks ill map the red one and see how it goes but im sure I have tried it

• Like 1

Am 3.3.2024 um 13:07 schrieb MAXsenna:

Cheers!

image.png

ah.... did that come with the mayor update last year? I came back to the Gazelle the last days...........and really hate it. Cant get in to hover mode, even with changed axis behaviour. Master Arm handling is bad. Why it needa two Master Arm switches?

ah.... did that come with the mayor update last year? I came back to the Gazelle the last days...........and really hate it. Cant get in to hover mode, even with changed axis behaviour. Master Arm handling is bad. Why it needa two Master Arm switches?
Don't think so. Pretty sure I've mapped it like that for years. Though, the issue with the bindings, is that the description is inadequate, and I've found out by trial and error.
No, you don't need two master arm switches. The one in yellow is a toggle for push buttons. The one in red are for on/off switches. So users can accommodate to their on needs.
Too bad you don't like the new FM. I personally find it fantastic! I can easily sit in the copilot seat. Hover, and plink tanks at the same time. I admit I have pedals, a noncentering/FFB stick, a collective and a dedicated stick for the Vivanne with all the weapon controls mapped.
Cheers!

Depending on the position of the virtual switch at the start of mission, it often has reversed position in relation to the one one my throttle..
Up becomes down.. on becomes off.
Same goes for the magnetic brake.
"Very nuisance"

Edited by Moxica

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

Can't say i dislike yet. it is just hard to get used to it  
You fly any other heli modules?

Depending on the position of the virtual switch at the start of mission, it often has reversed position in relation to the one one my throttle..
Up becomes down.. on becomes off.
Same goes for the magnetic brake.
"Very nuisance"
Need to test that. Didn't for me pre-update.

On 3/4/2024 at 6:32 PM, MAXsenna said:

Do you know if the switch is ON-ON, or ON-OFF?

Your yellow highlighted one works for me, its working now as I would expect, thanks for your help

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
no... i am interested in the BO-105,....but this will take some time until it gets released. Maybe i try the KA-50.
It's flies veeeery differently. Gazelle will probably be the closest one. Maybe wait for the Kiowa?
To be honest, the Mi-8, is the one that "taught" me helis. After that one, all the others are simple breezes.
Cheers!