Anton needs modernization and love

1 hour ago, Wacko_ZA said:

Am I the only one that feels the Anton is feeling old and out dated?
I really hope she gets some rework soon! 

It's quite a recent (relatively) module. I find what let's it down most in the cockpit is the leather padding. In VR it's close to your face and the texture is not very good so the sense of immersion is spoiled. Otherwise the cockpit is better than the Dora, 109 and P-51. I agree though it would benefit from a refresh. Although I would prioritise a K4 refresh over the A8. 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

I agree with the needed cockpit enhancements.

• Until ED developers get around to doing it there is always the exceptional modding community.
  • Check out the User Files Download on the DCS Website for the latest Anton updates that look give a "refresh" to the the cockpit. 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/type-is-mod/unit-is-fw_190_a-8/apply/ 

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

S!

Also the red glare on the canopy that is BEHIND the actual warning sign(on the armored headrest). Kind of black magic there how the red label is glaring behind a solid structure 😉

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D  Motherboard: ASUS TUF B550-Plus Memory: Kingston FuryX 64Gb GPU: AMD Radeon 6950XT 16Gb HDD: Samsung EVO SSD x 2 Monitor: Samsung 27" Flight gear: Virpil stick, MFG pedals OS: Windows 11 Pro

Its needs some love? yeah, one of the key element is that need to be fixed is the radio homing navigation that is broken for a looong time. And if you feel that the cockpit looks outdated is maybe because the AO pass in the cockpit is totally wrong. You can try my cockpit texture that, among other changes, its fixes the AO pass to look more realistic: Massun92´s FW190 A-8 Anton TEXTURE REWORK - SP AND MP (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Massun92 said:

Its needs some love? yeah, one of the key element is that need to be fixed is the radio homing navigation that is broken for a looong time. And if you feel that the cockpit looks outdated is maybe because the AO pass in the cockpit is totally wrong. You can try my cockpit texture that, among other changes, its fixes the AO pass to look more realistic: Massun92´s FW190 A-8 Anton TEXTURE REWORK - SP AND MP (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

ah, finally a cockpit mod that passes the IC check for Anton! Thank you, sir! It looks very nicely done, kudos!

Edited by peachmonkey

2 hours ago, Massun92 said:

Your cockpit is nice but i hate those reflections on instruments. Is there a way to disable them ?

4 hours ago, Dr_Molenbeek said:

Your cockpit is nice but i hate those reflections on instruments. Is there a way to disable them ?

reflections on instruments? I didnt modify the glasses.. can you provide me a photo?

• 2 weeks later...