240 - 300 fps instead 120 in fast sync

In both MT and ST when I use fast V-sync I see 240 - 300 fps 

22d.png

although my videocard setting is 120. In others options of sync everything is ok (I can have exactly 120 fps). I can't imagine what is the reason for that. I use f-sync in DCS with in-game sync on, but if this one off result the same / videodriver  has been updated / DCS has been updated / W 10 / i7 / 3070ti / 64 RAM

P.s all others game also works in fast sync ok 

Edited by Red_Pilot

3 hours ago, Red_Pilot said:

In both MT and ST when I use fast V-sync I see 240 - 300 fps 

22d.png

although my videocard setting is 120. In others options of sync everything is ok (I can have exactly 120 fps). I can't imagine what is the reason for that. I use f-sync in DCS with in-game sync on, but if this one off result the same / videodriver  has been updated / DCS has been updated / W 10 / i7 / 3070ti / 64 RAM

P.s all others game also works in fast sync ok 

where are you setting the limiter? in DCS or outside of DCS? Fast Sync itself does not limit FPS.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

If you are using G-Sync there is no reason to have any form of Vsync enabled, fast or otherwise. Just cap your frame rate at your monitor’s rate or 2-3 fps below that. I’ve read that the in-game limiter causes problem plus it doesn’t allow fine adjustments, so this cap is best done in NCP. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, Red_Pilot said:

I don't use G-sync

Ok I saw you’re using Nvidia, I figured a 120Hz screen would be VRR. Do you use FreeSync? I don’t imagine FreeSync needs Vsync enabled either.
How are you getting 300 FPS? It seems like you could just turn up settings to limit that. You can of course solve this problem by setting a max frame rate in Nvidia Control Panel

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

No FreeSync.. In IL-2 GB I get 120 FPS with fast sync and it works there as usual. It would be better gives you skrins of my settings, but currently I limited by the forum. And yes, 300 FPS because of DCS I think.

46 minutes ago, Red_Pilot said:

No FreeSync.. In IL-2 GB I get 120 FPS with fast sync and it works there as usual. It would be better gives you skrins of my settings, but currently I limited by the forum. And yes, 300 FPS because of DCS I think.

Well you can solve this by entering the value of your monitor’s refresh rate for Max Frame Rate in Nvidia Control Panel. If you see tearing try 2-3 FPS less. Although Fast Vsync is supposed to eliminate frames above your refresh rate, not sure why it isn’t working for you. And you could consider raising your graphic settings since your frame rate is so high, you could make the game look much better.